Amerks Open 63rd AHL Season this Weekend
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans usher in the 2018-19 American Hockey League season this weekend with back-to-back home games against the Charlotte Checkers at The Blue Cross Arena. Both games during Opening Weekend will feature pregame Happy Hour, giveaways and special events for the whole family.
The Opening Night festivities begin on Friday with a special two-hour Party on the Patio presented by Genesee Brew House from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. on the riverside of The Blue Cross Arena prior to the Amerks 2018-19 Home Opener presented by Pepsi. The event will feature live music from Big Eyed Phish and $2 drafts of Genesee and Genesee Light for fans 21 and older. Fans will also have the chance to win some great prizes throughout the event, including a set of custom-made Amerks cornhole boards autographed by this year's team.
Pat Duffy, host of the morning radio talk show "The Break Room" on 96.5 WCMF, will be on hand to emcee the event. The doors to the general public will open at 6:00 p.m.
Fans in attendance will also receive a 2018-19 Amerks magnet schedule courtesy of Nissan. Prior to the game, there will be special pre-game introductions of this year's team on the ice.
Opening Weekend concludes with a post-game Meet and Greet with the entire team immediately following the game on Saturday, Oct. 6. Amerks team posters will be distributed as a post-game handout.
Ticket specials for Opening Night against the Checkers include the Zweigle's Family Pack. For just $79, fans will receive Lower Level tickets (some restrictions may apply), four hot dogs and four sodas. A minimum of four tickets is required in order to purchase the Zweigle's Family Pack, which is available at www.amerks.com/zweigles.
New for this season, fans can pick up an $18 ticket to a Friday night Amerks home game as well as a complimentary voucher for any Wednesday home game this season when they stop by any participating Wendy's location.
The popular Eats and Seats package is also available for both games during Opening Weekend, featuring one Lower Level ticket and a $10 gift card to The Distillery for only $25. Fans can purchase the Eats and Seats package by visiting www.amerks.com/distillery.
Kids Tickets for ages 2-6 are also available for just $10 for every Amerks home game this season.
Fans are also reminded of the new security measures in place beginning this season at The Blue Cross Arena at the Rochester War Memorial. Under the new security changes, the downtown Rochester venue will now be a smoke-free facility. In becoming a smoke-free facility, there will no longer be designated smoking areas on arena property and fans will not be permitted to smoke on the grounds during any games or events. This also includes the use of electronic tobacco products (including e-cigarettes, Nicotine inhalers, etc.).
The Blue Cross Arena at the Rochester War Memorial will also begin to employ the use of metal detectors upon entry, where all patrons will be subject to hand-held metal detector screenings for all events at the venue.
In addition, The Blue Cross Arena at the Rochester War Memorial will be enforcing a restriction on bags entering the building. Only personal bags, such as medical and/or diaper bags and purses, will be permitted in the venue. All personal bags must be inspected upon entry. Bags should be soft-sided and must completely fit under your seat without blocking the aisle. Backpacks, coolers, duffel bags and briefcases are strictly prohibited.
Amerks 2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. Full-season ticket member benefits include, but are not limited to, Riverside Club VIP Room access with Amerks Alumni, family meet and greet and annual Skate with the Players event, an exclusive preseason Ice Breaker Party and Chalk Talk with the Amerks coaching staff, your very own Season Ticket Member ID and Discount Card and much more. For more information, visit www.amerks.com/seasontickets or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 4, 2018
- Watch the Heat at Channel Brewing Co. All Season Long - Stockton Heat
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2018-19 Opening Night Roster - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Reveal Opening Night Roster - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Announce 2018-19 Opening Night Roster - Binghamton Devils
- Rampage Announce Opening Night Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- 2018-19 Opening Night Roster Announced - Texas Stars
- Delia Recalled by Chicago, Rockford Adds Tomkins - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners & SAVOR to Introduce New Food and Beverage Dining Options - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kamenev, Lindholm Assigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Ink D Philip Samuelsson to One-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Announce 2018-19 Opening Day Roster - Manitoba Moose
- Former Bear Don Cherry to be Inducted into AHL Hall of Fame - Hershey Bears
- Tinordi Selected as Admirals Captain - Milwaukee Admirals
- American Hockey League Hall of Fame Announces Members of Class of 2019 - AHL
- Longtime Chicago Wolves Coach John Anderson Earns Place in AHL Hall of Fame - Chicago Wolves
- Kevin Porter Named Amerks Captain - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Announce Opening Night Roster - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Start 2018-19 Campaign in Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Garrett Wilson Named Penguins Captain - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Announce Opening Night Roster - Utica Comets
- Marlies Sign Goaltender Jeff Glass - Toronto Marlies
- Paul Thompson Named Second Captain in Thunderbirds History - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Amerks Open 63rd AHL Season this Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Byron Froese to Reassume Captaincy Duties of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2018-19 TV and Radio Broadcast Schedules - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Home for the Holidays on Back-To-Back Nights against Hartford
- Amerks Partner with Reeds Jewelers for Diamond Giveaway on December 14
- Amerks Win Third Straight to Close out the Weekend
- Bailey Lifts Amerks to 2-1 Win over Bruins
- Sabres Recall Tennyson, Wedgewood