Kevin Porter Named Amerks Captain
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans announced today that veteran forward Kevin Porter has been named team captain for the 2018-19 season. Additionally, the team will rotate among forward Kyle Criscuolo and defensemen Taylor Fedun, Andrew MacWilliam, Nathan Paetsch and Zach Redmond as the five assistant captains throughout the course of the season.
Porter will serve as the Amerks captain for the second consecutive season and third time in his 11-year career. Last season, Porter, who also captained the Amerks during the 2012-13 campaign, finished second on the team with 17 goals and fourth in points while leading Rochester to its first playoff berth in four years. The Detroit, Mich., native has amassed 122 points (51+71) over 164 career games with the Amerks and has added eight points (1+7) in eight playoff appearances for Rochester.
"It's a huge honor," said Porter. "This is a great organization and to be the captain is pretty exciting. We have a great group of guys and anyone of them could have been the captain. I'm honored to be picked by the coaching staff."
"We have a great group of guys here and as a staff we couldn't just name just two alternates," said Amerks head coach Chris Taylor. "By committee, they will run the locker room the way it should be."
Rochester opens its 63rd American Hockey League season at home on Friday, Oct. 5 against the Charlotte Checkers at The Blue Cross Arena. Amerks 2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. Full-season ticket member benefits include, but are not limited to, Riverside Club VIP Room access with Amerks Alumni, family meet and greet and annual Skate with the Players event, an exclusive preseason Ice Breaker Party and Chalk Talk with the Amerks coaching staff, your very own Season Ticket Member ID and Discount Card and much more. For more information, visit www.amerks.com/seasontickets or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 4, 2018
- Watch the Heat at Channel Brewing Co. All Season Long - Stockton Heat
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2018-19 Opening Night Roster - Cleveland Monsters
- Chicago Wolves Reveal Opening Night Roster - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Announce 2018-19 Opening Night Roster - Binghamton Devils
- Rampage Announce Opening Night Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- 2018-19 Opening Night Roster Announced - Texas Stars
- Delia Recalled by Chicago, Rockford Adds Tomkins - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners & SAVOR to Introduce New Food and Beverage Dining Options - Tucson Roadrunners
- Kamenev, Lindholm Assigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Ink D Philip Samuelsson to One-Year Deal - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Announce 2018-19 Opening Day Roster - Manitoba Moose
- Former Bear Don Cherry to be Inducted into AHL Hall of Fame - Hershey Bears
- Tinordi Selected as Admirals Captain - Milwaukee Admirals
- American Hockey League Hall of Fame Announces Members of Class of 2019 - AHL
- Longtime Chicago Wolves Coach John Anderson Earns Place in AHL Hall of Fame - Chicago Wolves
- Kevin Porter Named Amerks Captain - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Announce Opening Night Roster - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Start 2018-19 Campaign in Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Garrett Wilson Named Penguins Captain - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Announce Opening Night Roster - Utica Comets
- Marlies Sign Goaltender Jeff Glass - Toronto Marlies
- Paul Thompson Named Second Captain in Thunderbirds History - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Amerks Open 63rd AHL Season this Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Byron Froese to Reassume Captaincy Duties of the Laval Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2018-19 TV and Radio Broadcast Schedules - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Rout Comets for Fourth Straight Win
- Sabres Assign Tennyson to Rochester
- Amerks Expand Partnership with Bill Gray's Iceplex to Help Grow the Game of Hockey
- Rochester's Victor Olofsson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Olofsson Delivers Game-Winner for Second Straight Night as Amerks Tame Sound Tigers in Overtime