Wolf Pack Sign Forward Evan Jasper to PTO
HARTFORD: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the team has signed forward Evan Jasper to a Professional Tryout (PTO) agreement.
Jasper, 26, a rookie who played four seasons of AHA hockey at Sacred Heart University, currently leads the Wolf Pack's ECHL affiliate, the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, in points, goals and assists. The 5-10, 196-pound native of Whitby, Ontario has 21 goals and 29 assists for 50 points, along with 24 penalty minutes, in 64 games with the Swamp Rabbits.
Last season, Jasper saw action in 11 ECHL games with the Swamp Rabbits following the conclusion of his college career, contributing one goal and one assist and serving one minor penalty. He was scoreless with two PIM in three playoff games with Greenville. As a Senior at Sacred Heart, Jasper, who captained the Pioneers squad, had nine goals and 12 assists for 21 points, along with 61 PIM, in 37 games. He finished fourth on the team in points and goals, and third in PIM.
In his Sacred Heart career, Jasper suited up for a total of 148 games, amassing 37 goals and 47 assists for 84 points, along with 138 penalty minutes.
EVAN JASPER'S AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL RECORD
Regular Season Playoffs
Year Team Lge. GP G A PTS PIM GP G A Pts. PIM
2013-14 Sacred Heart U. AHA 36 6 6 12 22 --- --- --- --- ---
2014-15 Sacred Heart U. AHA 38 10 8 18 34 --- --- --- --- ---
2015-16 Sacred Heart U. AHA 37 12 21 33 21 --- --- --- --- ---
2016-17 Sacred Heart U. AHA 37 9 12 21 61 --- --- --- --- ---
Greenville ECHL 11 1 1 2 2 3 0 0 0 2
2017-18 Greenville ECHL 64 21 29 50 24
The Wolf Pack's next action is this Friday night, April 6, when they travel to Providence to take on the Bruins. Faceoff is 7:05 PM, and all of the action can be heard live on-line at www.newsradio1410.com and on iHeartRadio. Video streaming is available at www.ahllive.com.
The next Wolf Pack home game is this Saturday night, April 7, a 7:00 PM game vs. the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Tickets for that, and all remaining 2017-18 Wolf Pack home games, are on sale now at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499.
Information about all of the Wolf Pack's many attractive ticketing options can be found on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com. To speak with a Wolf Pack representative, call (855) 762-6451, or click here to request more info.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2018
- Admirals Get Important Win over Chicago - Milwaukee Admirals
- Iowa Shutout by Cleveland 4-0 - Iowa Wild
- Late Comeback Falls Short in 5-3 Loss to Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Coast to 4-0 Win over Wild - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Rally in Potential Playoff Preview - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lafferty Nets First Pro Goal in Penguins' 5-3 Defeat of Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Rally to Top First-Place Phantoms - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Condors Host Ontario Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Sign Forward Ivan Chekhovich to ATO - San Jose Barracuda
- Roadrunners and Banner Health Join Forces for Superhero Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Capitals Recall Bowey and Boyd from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Fan Appreciation Month Begins Wednesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Evan Jasper to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- New Jersey Assigns First-Round Pick McLeod to Binghamton - Binghamton Devils
- Forward Carsen Twarynski Signed to ATO - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- St. Denis, Bailey and Jones all score in front of 7,451 fans on Tuesday morning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Checkers Announce Pet Weekend on April 7 and 8 - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Release Caleb Herbert and Sam Warning from PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Tom McCollum Recalled by Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Vegas NHL Draft Pick Hague Joins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Belleville Senators Announce Special Fan Appreciation Games - Belleville Senators
- Bid on Hawaiian Night Jerseys - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Sign Marcus Crawford to Two-Year Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sabres Recall Nylander, Porter from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Weekly - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Weekly Wrap-Up - Toronto Marlies
- P-Bruins Miss Chance to Clinch Postseason Spot in 3-2 Loss - Providence Bruins
- Tickets for First Round of 2018 Calder Cup Playoffs on Sale Now - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Bears Hit I-81 to Battle Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Amerks, Monroe County Partner for Refresh Recycling Night April 11 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers, Extreme Ice Center Launch "Mini Checkers" - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Ink Defenseman Tariq Hammond to ATO - Binghamton Devils
- Chris Terry Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Laval Rocket
- Christoffer Ehn Reassigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- T-Birds Make First Ever Stop in Belleville Wednesday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Senators Reassign Formenton to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Bruins this Morning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Delia Assigned, Glass Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 26 Report: Hogs Win 4th Straight, Close in on Playoffs - Rockford IceHogs
- Pirri Returns to the NHL - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.