Amerks, Monroe County Partner for Refresh Recycling Night April 11
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans and Monroe County Executive Cheryl Dinolfo announced today the return of Refresh Recycling Night on Wednesday, April 11 when the Amerks take on the Syracuse Crunch at The Blue Cross Arena. The game will feature ticket deals and a recycling-themed giveaway.
"Teaming-up with the Amerks is a great way to highlight the importance of recycling, which protects taxpayers and the environment by keeping unnecessary waste out of landfills," said Dinolfo. "Safeguarding this region's unrivaled natural resources also helps support our ongoing work to attract more jobs and investment to Monroe County. I thank the Amerks for their partnership, and I encourage fans to exchange their plastic bags and other recyclables at our Ecopark to score free tickets to the game on April 11."
Reducing consumption of plastic bags is the best environmental option for residents, so fans attending the game will receive a commemorative reusable shopping bag as a postgame handout. Additionally, any fan that brings a recyclable item to the Monroe County Ecopark on one of the following dates will receive a free ticket voucher to the Refresh Recycling Night game:
Wednesday, April 4
Saturday, April 7
Wednesday, April 11
"The Rochester Americans are excited to renew their partnership with Monroe County Executive Dinolfo and her staff in the Department of Environmental Services on this very worthwhile initiative," said Rob Minter, Vice President of Business Operations for the Amerks. "Refresh Recycling Night provides yet another opportunity to not only help raise awareness for improving recycling measures here in our community, but also rewards County residents for doing their part with the chance to attend next Wednesday's Amerks game."
Refresh Recycling Night will remind residents to recycle their plastic bags properly, either by reuse or by bringing them to a retailer, supermarket or the Ecopark. Plastic bags should not be thrown in the garbage and should not be recycled in curbside bins.
The Ecopark is an innovative partnership between Monroe County and Waste Management. Located at 10 Avion Drive in the town of Chili, the facility is open on Wednesdays from 1:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. For a full list of acceptable items, associated fees and necessary appointments, please visit www.ecoparkmcny.com.
Individual game tickets for the 2017-18 season start at just $14, while Amerks 2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day of game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2018
- Admirals Get Important Win over Chicago - Milwaukee Admirals
- Iowa Shutout by Cleveland 4-0 - Iowa Wild
- Late Comeback Falls Short in 5-3 Loss to Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Coast to 4-0 Win over Wild - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Rally in Potential Playoff Preview - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lafferty Nets First Pro Goal in Penguins' 5-3 Defeat of Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Rally to Top First-Place Phantoms - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Condors Host Ontario Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Sign Forward Ivan Chekhovich to ATO - San Jose Barracuda
- Roadrunners and Banner Health Join Forces for Superhero Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Capitals Recall Bowey and Boyd from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Fan Appreciation Month Begins Wednesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Evan Jasper to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- New Jersey Assigns First-Round Pick McLeod to Binghamton - Binghamton Devils
- Forward Carsen Twarynski Signed to ATO - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- St. Denis, Bailey and Jones all score in front of 7,451 fans on Tuesday morning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Checkers Announce Pet Weekend on April 7 and 8 - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Release Caleb Herbert and Sam Warning from PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Tom McCollum Recalled by Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Vegas NHL Draft Pick Hague Joins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Belleville Senators Announce Special Fan Appreciation Games - Belleville Senators
- Bid on Hawaiian Night Jerseys - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Sign Marcus Crawford to Two-Year Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sabres Recall Nylander, Porter from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Weekly - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Weekly Wrap-Up - Toronto Marlies
- P-Bruins Miss Chance to Clinch Postseason Spot in 3-2 Loss - Providence Bruins
- Tickets for First Round of 2018 Calder Cup Playoffs on Sale Now - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Bears Hit I-81 to Battle Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Amerks, Monroe County Partner for Refresh Recycling Night April 11 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers, Extreme Ice Center Launch "Mini Checkers" - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Ink Defenseman Tariq Hammond to ATO - Binghamton Devils
- Chris Terry Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Laval Rocket
- Christoffer Ehn Reassigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- T-Birds Make First Ever Stop in Belleville Wednesday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Senators Reassign Formenton to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Bruins this Morning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Delia Assigned, Glass Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 26 Report: Hogs Win 4th Straight, Close in on Playoffs - Rockford IceHogs
- Pirri Returns to the NHL - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Blanked by Crunch 1-0, Drop Third Straight
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 23 against Belleville
- Amerks Drop 5-2 Decision to Monsters
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 17
- Amerks Recall Powell from Cincinnati