Week 26 Report: Hogs Win 4th Straight, Close in on Playoffs
-The Rockford IceHogs swept last week's three-game slate with a pair of victories in Manitoba and a win over the San Jose Barracuda at home on Saturday...The IceHogs have now won four straight games and notched points in 14 of the last 17 contests dating to Feb. 18...Rockford is 12-3-1-1 over that span.
-The IceHogs' magic number has dropped to just eight following the team's recent run of success...The Hogs have moved into playoff position to rank fourth in the Central Division with 82 points and an overall record of 37-25-4-4...Rockford is seven points clear of the fifth-place Milwaukee Admirals entering this week's action.
-Defenseman Adam Clendening was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending April 2, 2018...Clendening produced multi-point efforts in each of his three games last week and finished tied for the league lead in scoring with seven points (2g, 5a) in that span...He is Rockford's second player to win the award this year and first defenseman since Dustin Byfuglien on Oct. 21, 2007.
-Chris DiDomenico has logged points in a season-high eight straight games dating to March 16...The streak currently ranks as the longest for an IceHogs skater this season, surpassing the previous season-high mark of six contests by Vinnie Hinostroza and Adam Clendening...DiDomenico shares the league lead with 12 points (4g, 8a) over his last eight games since the beginning of the streak on March 16.
-Matthew Highmore returned from the Blackhawks on March 26 and has tallied three points (1g, 2a) in two contests since rejoining Rockford...The AHL All-Star has points in six of his last seven contests and is second on the team in overall scoring with 38 points (22g, 16a) in 58 games this season.
-Goaltender Jeff Glass earned a win against both Manitoba and San Jose last week and has now won five of his last six appearances...Glass now ranks first on the IceHogs with 15 wins this season and is just two victories shy of tying his career-high mark of 17 wins during the 2008-09 season with the Binghamton Senators.
Wednesday, April 4 | Rockford at San Antonio (7 p.m.) The Rockford IceHogs open a four-game road trip with a Wednesday matchup against the San Antonio Rampage. Rockford is 2-2-0-1 thus far in the series with San Antonio.
Friday, April 6 | Rockford at Texas (7:30 p.m.) The Hogs play back-to-back games at the Texas Stars, beginning with Friday's contest at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park. Rockford is 2-0-0-0 thus far in the series with the Stars.
Saturday, April 7 | Rockford at Texas (7 p.m.) The IceHogs cap their Texas swing with a Saturday night matchup against the Stars. The Hogs have outscored the Stars 8-3 through the first two contests of the 2017-18 series.
BUD LIGHT MONTHLY MONDAY HOG TALK AT VINTAGE 501
Bud Light Hog Talk returns to Vintage 501 on Monday, April 16. Vintage 501 is located in downtown Rockford at 501 E. State St. Fans can join broadcasters Joseph Zakrzewski and Brittany Toolis from 6-7 p.m. on the first Monday of every month throughout the season as the duo chats with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. For those unable to attend the show in-person, Monday's show will be streaming live on IceHogs.com. "Bud Light Hog Talk" will also be available on www.icehogs.com following the live show. Fans can access the podcast through the "Audio Highlights" link in the "Multimedia" menu. The expected guests for the 16th are defenseman Carl Dahlstrom and forward Henrik Samuelsson.
ICEHOGS BROADCASTING NETWORK
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2017-18 on WIFR's Cozi TV on 23.3. The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable channel 434, Charter Cable channel 194, Dish Network channel 252 or Mediacom 102 in the Rockford market and online through AHLLive.com. Every TV broadcast will start with "IceHogs Warm Up" 30 minutes prior to puck drop. Fans can also listen to the action for free at sportsfanradio1330.com and IceHogs.com. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com, and for the complete schedule of radio broadcasts, visit sportsfanradio1330.com.
TICKETS ON SALE FOR 2017-18!
IceHogs individual game tickets can be purchased by calling (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any regular season home game during the 2017-18 season. Tickets can also be purchased online at IceHogs.com, in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford or at any Ticketmaster outlet, including Walmart.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2018
- Admirals Get Important Win over Chicago - Milwaukee Admirals
- Iowa Shutout by Cleveland 4-0 - Iowa Wild
- Late Comeback Falls Short in 5-3 Loss to Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Coast to 4-0 Win over Wild - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Rally in Potential Playoff Preview - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lafferty Nets First Pro Goal in Penguins' 5-3 Defeat of Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Rally to Top First-Place Phantoms - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Condors Host Ontario Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Sign Forward Ivan Chekhovich to ATO - San Jose Barracuda
- Roadrunners and Banner Health Join Forces for Superhero Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Capitals Recall Bowey and Boyd from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Fan Appreciation Month Begins Wednesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Evan Jasper to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- New Jersey Assigns First-Round Pick McLeod to Binghamton - Binghamton Devils
- Forward Carsen Twarynski Signed to ATO - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- St. Denis, Bailey and Jones all score in front of 7,451 fans on Tuesday morning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Checkers Announce Pet Weekend on April 7 and 8 - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Release Caleb Herbert and Sam Warning from PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Tom McCollum Recalled by Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Vegas NHL Draft Pick Hague Joins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Belleville Senators Announce Special Fan Appreciation Games - Belleville Senators
- Bid on Hawaiian Night Jerseys - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Sign Marcus Crawford to Two-Year Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sabres Recall Nylander, Porter from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Weekly - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Weekly Wrap-Up - Toronto Marlies
- P-Bruins Miss Chance to Clinch Postseason Spot in 3-2 Loss - Providence Bruins
- Tickets for First Round of 2018 Calder Cup Playoffs on Sale Now - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Bears Hit I-81 to Battle Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Amerks, Monroe County Partner for Refresh Recycling Night April 11 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers, Extreme Ice Center Launch "Mini Checkers" - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Ink Defenseman Tariq Hammond to ATO - Binghamton Devils
- Chris Terry Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Laval Rocket
- Christoffer Ehn Reassigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- T-Birds Make First Ever Stop in Belleville Wednesday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Senators Reassign Formenton to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Bruins this Morning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Delia Assigned, Glass Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 26 Report: Hogs Win 4th Straight, Close in on Playoffs - Rockford IceHogs
- Pirri Returns to the NHL - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.