Admirals Get Important Win over Chicago
Rosemont, IL - Goalie Anders Lindback stopped 29 shots to lead the Milwaukee Admirals to a 4-3 shootout win over the Chicago Wolves Tuesday at Allstate Arena.
Lindback denied all three Wolves shooters in the skills competition and improved his record to 10-1 in shootouts this season. The Ads have won 11 games in a shootout, while losing just one, during the campaign.
Milwaukee's Trevor Smith scored the only goal for either team during the shootout to give the Admirals an important win. The Admirals trail fourth-place Rockford for the final playoff spot in the Central Division by five points with six games remaining.
Both clubs had a chance to win the game in overtime as Chicago's Teemu Pulkkinen and the Admirals Anthony Richard had breakaways. Pulkkinen hit the crossbar while Richard was stopped by Wolves goalie Oscar Dansk.
The teams combined for six goals (three apiece) in a wild first period. Milwaukee took the first lead of the game at 1:50 of the first period when Anthony Richard swooped to the net from the right circle and snapped a shot into the goal for his 18th marker of the season. Smith picked up the assist.
The Wolves tied the game when Pulkkinen was sprung on a breakaway by a Beau Bennett pass at 8:48 of the first period.
Admirals defenseman Frederic Allard reclaimed the lead for his team when he finished off a three-man weave with a shot from the left circle which found the net. Allard's sixth goal of the year was assisted by Harry Zolnierczyk and Frederick Gaudreau. Zolnierczyk's assist was the 100th in his American Hockey League career. Another milestone in the game for Zolnierczyk: it was his 350th career AHL game.
Chicago tied the game when Brett Sterling scored his 13th goal of the season at 11:44 of the first period then the Wolves took the lead on a Paul Thompson deflection at 12:41.
The Admirals knotted the game again at 17:03 of the first period. Richard skated into the offensive zone and dropped the puck at the right circle for Bobby Butler. Butler's low shot went into the cage for his team-leading 24th goal of the season.
The Admirals will return home to Panther Arena to host Cleveland Wed., Apr. 4.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2018
- Admirals Get Important Win over Chicago - Milwaukee Admirals
- Iowa Shutout by Cleveland 4-0 - Iowa Wild
- Late Comeback Falls Short in 5-3 Loss to Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Coast to 4-0 Win over Wild - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Rally in Potential Playoff Preview - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Lafferty Nets First Pro Goal in Penguins' 5-3 Defeat of Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Rally to Top First-Place Phantoms - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Preview: Condors Host Ontario Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Sign Forward Ivan Chekhovich to ATO - San Jose Barracuda
- Roadrunners and Banner Health Join Forces for Superhero Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Capitals Recall Bowey and Boyd from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Fan Appreciation Month Begins Wednesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Evan Jasper to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- New Jersey Assigns First-Round Pick McLeod to Binghamton - Binghamton Devils
- Forward Carsen Twarynski Signed to ATO - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Move - San Diego Gulls
- St. Denis, Bailey and Jones all score in front of 7,451 fans on Tuesday morning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Checkers Announce Pet Weekend on April 7 and 8 - Charlotte Checkers
- Barracuda Release Caleb Herbert and Sam Warning from PTO - San Jose Barracuda
- Tom McCollum Recalled by Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Vegas NHL Draft Pick Hague Joins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Belleville Senators Announce Special Fan Appreciation Games - Belleville Senators
- Bid on Hawaiian Night Jerseys - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Sign Marcus Crawford to Two-Year Deal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sabres Recall Nylander, Porter from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Weekly - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Weekly Wrap-Up - Toronto Marlies
- P-Bruins Miss Chance to Clinch Postseason Spot in 3-2 Loss - Providence Bruins
- Tickets for First Round of 2018 Calder Cup Playoffs on Sale Now - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Bears Hit I-81 to Battle Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Amerks, Monroe County Partner for Refresh Recycling Night April 11 - Rochester Americans
- Checkers, Extreme Ice Center Launch "Mini Checkers" - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Ink Defenseman Tariq Hammond to ATO - Binghamton Devils
- Chris Terry Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Laval Rocket
- Christoffer Ehn Reassigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- T-Birds Make First Ever Stop in Belleville Wednesday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Senators Reassign Formenton to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Bruins this Morning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Delia Assigned, Glass Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 26 Report: Hogs Win 4th Straight, Close in on Playoffs - Rockford IceHogs
- Pirri Returns to the NHL - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Admirals Stories
- Admirals Earn Key Win over IceHogs
- Ads Host IceHogs Friday in Important Divisional Battle
- Admirals Sign Novak to ATO
- Admirals Salvage Point in SO Loss
- Admirals Hold Back Monsters