Ward Traded to Tulsa
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones have traded forward Cory Ward to the Tulsa Oilers, in exchange for Future Considerations. Ward skated in 16 games with the Cyclones this season, accounting for a goal and three assists in that time.
Hailing from Las Vegas, NV, Ward appeared in 71 games with the ECHL's Manchester Monarchs last season, accounting for 15 goals and 19 assists for 34 points, and registered 20 minutes in penalties. He recorded seven multi-point efforts, including a season-high three points on two separate occasions. He also appeared in 11 playoff games with Manchester, potting a goal and dishing out a pair of assists.
Ward's ECHL career has seen him account for 40 goals and 50 assists in 174 career games, and he has also seen 33 career games in the American Hockey League (AHL) with the Ontario Reign, Springfield Thunderbirds, St. John's IceCaps, and Syracuse Crunch, totaling a goal and four assists in that time.
Prior to turning pro, the 5-11, 201lb centerman enjoyed a successful collegiate career at Bemidji State University. In1 51 games across four seasons with the Beavers, Ward was responsible for 45 goals and 35 assists, and was in the top six on the team in scoring every season. Additionally, he led the Beavers in scoring during his sophomore season (18g, 11a).
The 2019-20 Cincinnati Cyclones season is upon us! The defending Brabham Cup champion Cyclones are looking to build off of last season's success, and we invite YOU to join us for the ride! Single game tickets, along with season and group ticket packages for every game this season are on sale now, and you can get more info by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com !
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 10, 2019
- D'Aoust Returns from AHL Manitoba; Shaw & Beaudoin Recalled - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Opens Road Trip with Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- DeSalvo Strikes Twice in Stingrays' 17th Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears See Point Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss to Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Complete Three Game Sweep of Thunder in OT Thriller - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Fall Short in OT Thriller, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Austin Poganski Makes NHL Debut - Tulsa Oilers
- Fuel Add Forward Alex Rauter from Rapid City - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - December 10 - ECHL
- Everblades Sign Defenseman Nick Schaus - Florida Everblades
- Forward Shawn McBride Loaned Back to Norfolk from Hartford - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Penn State Grad D Derian Hamilton Signs with Reading - Reading Royals
- Former Thunder Coach Promoted to NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads, St. Luke's Go "Under The Sea" for Nickelodeon Night This Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Hunter Fejes Returns to Solar Bears from AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- Maine's Elmer Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Jake Elmer Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Maine Mariners
- Rays Sign Defenseman Dylan Zink - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gillam Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Wichita's Gillam Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Planet Smoothie Introduces Solar Beary Blast Smoothie - Orlando Solar Bears
- Annual Teddy Bear Toss December 14th - Norfolk Admirals
- Ward Traded to Tulsa - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Get AHL Goalie - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.