Jake Elmer Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week
PORTLAND, ME - Jake Elmer of the Maine Mariners has been named the Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week for Dec. 2-8.
Elmer scored five goals and added an assist for six points in two games last week, helping the Mariners sweep the Adirondack Thunder.
The 20-year-old recorded his second hat trick of the season, including the game-winning goal, in a 5-4 overtime win at Adirondack on Friday and added two goals and an assist in a 5-4 victory over the Thunder on Saturday at home. Elmer has done major damage against Adirondack this season, with nine of his total 10 goals and 10 of his 13 points coming against them, including two hat tricks.
Under a NationalâHockey League contract with the NewâYork Rangers, Elmer is tied for fourth among ECHLârookies with 10 goals in 15 games with the Mariners. He has also appeared in one game with Hartford of theâAmericanâHockey League.
Prior to turning pro, Elmer tallied 134 points (64g-70a) in 204 career games in the Western Hockey League with Regina, Kootenay and Lethbridge.
On behalf of Jake Elmer, a case of pucks will be donated to a Maine youth hockey organization by Inglasco, the exclusive puck supplier of the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, Inglasco has donated more than 41,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.
The Mariners and Thunder will play again at the Cross Insurance Arena on Tuesday night at 7:00 PM. Santa Claus will be on the concourse taking photos at no cost. It's the last chance to catch the Mariners on home ice before Christmas. Groups of 10 or more can get discounted tickets by calling 833-GO-MAINE. Individual tickets can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com, at the Trusted Choice Box Office inside the Cross Insurance Arena, or by calling 207-775-3458. Four tiers of holiday packs are also available at MarinersOfMaine.com.
Images from this story
Jake Elmer of the Maine Mariners
Jake Elmer of the Maine Mariners after a goal
Jake Elmer of the Maine Mariners
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 10, 2019
- D'Aoust Returns from AHL Manitoba; Shaw & Beaudoin Recalled - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Opens Road Trip with Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- DeSalvo Strikes Twice in Stingrays' 17th Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears See Point Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss to Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Complete Three Game Sweep of Thunder in OT Thriller - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Fall Short in OT Thriller, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Austin Poganski Makes NHL Debut - Tulsa Oilers
- Fuel Add Forward Alex Rauter from Rapid City - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - December 10 - ECHL
- Everblades Sign Defenseman Nick Schaus - Florida Everblades
- Forward Shawn McBride Loaned Back to Norfolk from Hartford - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Penn State Grad D Derian Hamilton Signs with Reading - Reading Royals
- Former Thunder Coach Promoted to NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads, St. Luke's Go "Under The Sea" for Nickelodeon Night This Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Hunter Fejes Returns to Solar Bears from AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- Maine's Elmer Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Jake Elmer Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Maine Mariners
- Rays Sign Defenseman Dylan Zink - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gillam Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Wichita's Gillam Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Planet Smoothie Introduces Solar Beary Blast Smoothie - Orlando Solar Bears
- Annual Teddy Bear Toss December 14th - Norfolk Admirals
- Ward Traded to Tulsa - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Get AHL Goalie - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.