Austin Poganski Makes NHL Debut
TULSA, OK- The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's St. Louis Blues, announced Tuesday that former player Austin Poganski made his NHL debut with the St. Louis Blues.
Poganski, 23, made his NHL debut against the Buffalo Sabres on Dec. 10 at KeyBank Center in Buffalo, NY. Poganski played three games with the Oilers during the 2018-19 season, registering two goals and an assist for three points. The St. Cloud, MN native's debut makes him the first Oiler from the ECHL era to record a game in the NHL, and the forward is the 667th ECHL player to play in the NHL.
After being selected in the fourth round by the St. Louis Blues in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the former Oiler has spent the majority of his professional career with the San Antonio Rampage of the AHL, tallying 46 points (12G, 24A) in 85 AHL games.
Prior to turning pro, The 6'2, 201 lbs. forward played collegiately at the University of North Dakota, notching 84 points (37G, 47A) in 162 games. Poganski won the NCAA National Championship in 2016 and captained the Fighting Hawks during the 2017-18 season.
The Oilers host Wichita for three-straight matchups in a promo-packed weekend. Friday is the Oilers Blanket and Glove Drive, and Saturday will be the annual Teddy Bear Toss and St. Louis Blues Affiliation Night - both games start at 7:05 p.m. Sunday's game is Paint the Ice, and fans will be allowed to come down and paint the ice with their favorite players at the conclusion of the matinee game, which starts at 4:05 p.m.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
Images from this story
Austin Poganski with the Tulsa Oilers
Austin Poganski with the Tulsa Oilers (right)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 10, 2019
- D'Aoust Returns from AHL Manitoba; Shaw & Beaudoin Recalled - Jacksonville IceMen
- Thunder Opens Road Trip with Loss at Allen - Wichita Thunder
- DeSalvo Strikes Twice in Stingrays' 17th Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears See Point Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss to Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Complete Three Game Sweep of Thunder in OT Thriller - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Fall Short in OT Thriller, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Austin Poganski Makes NHL Debut - Tulsa Oilers
- Fuel Add Forward Alex Rauter from Rapid City - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - December 10 - ECHL
- Everblades Sign Defenseman Nick Schaus - Florida Everblades
- Forward Shawn McBride Loaned Back to Norfolk from Hartford - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Penn State Grad D Derian Hamilton Signs with Reading - Reading Royals
- Former Thunder Coach Promoted to NHL - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads, St. Luke's Go "Under The Sea" for Nickelodeon Night This Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Hunter Fejes Returns to Solar Bears from AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- Maine's Elmer Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Jake Elmer Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Maine Mariners
- Rays Sign Defenseman Dylan Zink - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gillam Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- Wichita's Gillam Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Planet Smoothie Introduces Solar Beary Blast Smoothie - Orlando Solar Bears
- Annual Teddy Bear Toss December 14th - Norfolk Admirals
- Ward Traded to Tulsa - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Get AHL Goalie - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.