Walleye Add One More to Roster
Toledo, OH - Forward Abbott Girduckis (gurr-duck-his) has agreed to terms with the Toledo Walleye for the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
Girduckis, a native of Bellville, ON, joins the Walleye after completing his senior season at the Rochester Institute of Technology. Serving as team captain this year he posted nearly one point per contest with 11 goals and 25 assists over 38 games played. Since 2015, Girduckis has appeared in 146 games for the Tigers with 93 points (30G, 63A). His point production increased in each season as a member of the Tigers.
The 23-year-old was a member of the R.I.T. team that won a league championship (AHA) in the 2015-16 season. Prior to his college days, Girduckis played junior hockey for the Wellington Dukes of the OJHL. In three seasons, the 6'1", 190 pound forward collected 113 points (55G, 58A) over 150 games. His final season (2014-15) was his breakout year with 29 goals and 32 assists over just 45 contests.
Toledo has just seven games remaining in the regular season and three of the final four home games are coming this weekend. Friday night, the Walleye welcome in the Kansas City Mavericks for their only visit to Toledo this year. The two teams split a two game set in Missouri last month. Saturday night is the final meeting of the year between Toledo and Kalamazoo. The Walleye are 7-1-3 this year vs. their Michigan rivals. Sunday wraps up the weekend with a visit from Cincinnati who Toledo just beat last Thursday 4-3. Toledo is 3-4-0 against the division champions.
Visit www.toledowalleye.com for tickets or call the box office at 419-725-9255.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 27, 2019
- Grizzlies Lose to Wichita 5-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads out Chance Rush, Fall 5-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Come up Short to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Beast Drop Close Game against Manchester - Brampton Beast
- Smooth Sailing: 'Blades Cruise to 5-2 Win over Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Scores Five Unanswered in Win over Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta's Offense Explodes in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Tame Mavericks on Home Ice - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavs Losing Skid Reaches Six Games in 5-3 Loss at Cincy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thompson's Hat Trick Leads Florida Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Fast Start for Komets Sinks K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Add One More to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - March 27 - ECHL
- South Jersey Native F Trevor Gooch Inks ECHL Deal - Reading Royals
- Preview: Everblades Continue Homestand with Series Opener against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Shut out Beast, 1-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Here's How the Mavs Can Punch Their Ticket to the 2019 ECHL Playoffs Wednesday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Doug Heinzer Joins Swamp Rabbits' Ownership Group - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Owner Jack Gulati to Sign His New Book this Saturday - Allen Americans
- Walleye Add a D-Man - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.