Beast Drop Close Game against Manchester
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO - The Brampton Beast had their chances but they were unable to solve Charles Williams and dropped a 1-0 decision on Wednesday.
The Brampton Beast welcomed the Manchester Monarchs to the CAA Centre for game that had massive playoff implications for both franchises.
The game was played in front of a barn full of 5000 kids, as it was the fourth and final School Day game of the year for the Beast.
The Monarchs would strike first on School Day, with a goal from Pavel Jenys. The forward broke into the zone and took advantage of a Beast defensieve breakdown and beat Etienne Marcoux for a 1-0 Manchester lead at 4:20.
The first period would end with the Monarchs up 1-0 but trailing in shots by a slight margin of 10-9.
The second period saw a parade of penalties for both squads but that would be all the action in the frame, as it remained 1-0 Manchester after 40 minutes of play.
Shots after the second were in favour of the Beast, who led with a count of 19-18.
A furious third period didn't yield a different result and the Beast fell 1-0 against the Monarchs on Wednesday morning.
Charles Williams recorded the win and nabbed his third shutout of the 2018-19 season.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Marcoux (BRA) 2) Jenys (MAN) 1) Williams (MAN) Manchester finished the contest zero-for-four on the power play. Brampton went zero-for-three. The Beast will take on the Adirondack Thunder on Friday before traveling to Worcester Saturday and Sunday.
For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Anthony Fusco, Public Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or email@example.com. The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the CAA Centre next season. Don't miss a minute of the action! 2018-19 Memberships are now available, join the club!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 27, 2019
- Grizzlies Lose to Wichita 5-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads out Chance Rush, Fall 5-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Come up Short to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Beast Drop Close Game against Manchester - Brampton Beast
- Smooth Sailing: 'Blades Cruise to 5-2 Win over Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Scores Five Unanswered in Win over Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta's Offense Explodes in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Tame Mavericks on Home Ice - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavs Losing Skid Reaches Six Games in 5-3 Loss at Cincy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thompson's Hat Trick Leads Florida Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Fast Start for Komets Sinks K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Add One More to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - March 27 - ECHL
- South Jersey Native F Trevor Gooch Inks ECHL Deal - Reading Royals
- Preview: Everblades Continue Homestand with Series Opener against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Shut out Beast, 1-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Here's How the Mavs Can Punch Their Ticket to the 2019 ECHL Playoffs Wednesday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Doug Heinzer Joins Swamp Rabbits' Ownership Group - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Owner Jack Gulati to Sign His New Book this Saturday - Allen Americans
- Walleye Add a D-Man - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.