Thompson's Hat Trick Leads Florida Past Norfolk
ESTERO, FL - Tommy Thompson scored three goals as the Florida Everblades defeated the Norfolk Admirals Wednesday Night at Hertz Arena. Admirals defenseman Derian Hamilton registered his first pro point with an assist on Wednesday evening.
Florida opened the scoring with a goal from Tommy Thompson. Logan Roe had possession of the puck at the left point. Roe played it into the left circle for Grant Arnold. Arnold fired a cross-crease pass to Thompson who one-timed the shot past the glove of Ty Reichenbach to give Florida a 1-0 lead at 2:25 of the first period.
The Admirals tied the game on a goal from Christian Horn. Connor Hurley won a faceoff in the Florida end. The puck went right to the stick of Horn who tucked the shot just under the crossbar to tie the game at one goal apiece.
Florida re-took the lead with a goal from Blake Wineicki. Wineicki gathered the puck in the right circle after a Norfolk turnover and fired a shot past the stick of Reichenbach to give Florida a 2-1 lead at 10:31 of the first period.
The Everblades struck once more with a goal from Tommy Thompson. Thompson got the puck on a turnover and buried a shot past Reichenbach to give Florida a 3-1 lead.
Florida extended its lead with a goal from Matt Finn. The Admirals were unable to clear the puck out of their own defensive zone which allowed Florida to keep possession of the puck. Finn skated through the right circle and went from his backhand to his forehand and slid the puck past the left pad of Reichenbach to give Florida a 4-1 lead.
Norfolk cut the Florida lead to two with a tally from Matt McMorrow. Mitch Hall sprung Matt McMorrow up the left side. McMorrow teed off a slap-shot that was deflected off a Florida stick and right past the glove of Booth to cut the Florida lead to 4-2 at 3:09 of the second period.
Florida added a late empty net goal and would win by a 5-2 final score. Jeremy Helvig made 17 saves on 17 shots in relief of Callum Booth, who left in the second period. Ty Reichenbach made 27 saves on 31 shots and to take the setback for Norfolk.
The Admirals play game two-of-three at Hertz Arena Friday night at 7:30 p.m.
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Wednesday, April 3 vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, April 4 vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 6 vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m. Fan Appreciation Night/ Post Game Skate
Admirals Ticket Information
Single Game Tickets may be purchased at the Scope Box Office, or online at Ticketmaster.com
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available.
2019-20 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! The Admirals offer flexible partial plans that will best fit your schedule and budget!
For more information regarding ticket options, or Norfolk Admirals Hockey, visit NorfolkAdmirals.com or call the Admirals office at (757) 640-1212!
Images from this story
Norfolk Admirals goaltender Ty Reichenbach turns aside a Florida Everblades' shot
(Kevin Bires Photography)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 27, 2019
- Grizzlies Lose to Wichita 5-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads out Chance Rush, Fall 5-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Come up Short to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Beast Drop Close Game against Manchester - Brampton Beast
- Smooth Sailing: 'Blades Cruise to 5-2 Win over Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Scores Five Unanswered in Win over Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta's Offense Explodes in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Tame Mavericks on Home Ice - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavs Losing Skid Reaches Six Games in 5-3 Loss at Cincy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thompson's Hat Trick Leads Florida Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Fast Start for Komets Sinks K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Add One More to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - March 27 - ECHL
- South Jersey Native F Trevor Gooch Inks ECHL Deal - Reading Royals
- Preview: Everblades Continue Homestand with Series Opener against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Shut out Beast, 1-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Here's How the Mavs Can Punch Their Ticket to the 2019 ECHL Playoffs Wednesday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Doug Heinzer Joins Swamp Rabbits' Ownership Group - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Owner Jack Gulati to Sign His New Book this Saturday - Allen Americans
- Walleye Add a D-Man - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.