Here's How the Mavs Can Punch Their Ticket to the 2019 ECHL Playoffs Wednesday Night
The Kansas City Mavericks currently hold the fourth and final playoff spot in the ECHL's Mountain Division with seven games to play. The Mavericks can clinch their first playoff berth since the 2015-16 season and seventh postseason berth in franchise history if the following happens.
KANSAS CITY WILL CLINCH IF:
Kansas City wins AND Wichita loses in regulation AND Rapid City loses.
Simply, a Mavericks win tonight and a regulation loss by Wichita against Utah and a Rapid City loss (regulation or OT) against Idaho will clinch the playoffs for the Mavericks. The Mavericks face off against the Cincinnati Cyclones Wednesday night at 6:35 p.m. Puck drop for the Wichita-Utah game is 7:05 p.m. and the Rush vs. Steelheads will start at 8:10 p.m. All times Central.
Here are the current Mountain Division standings:
1. x-Idaho (39-22-3-2, 83 points)
2. x-Tulsa (38-21-4-2. 82 points)
3. x-Utah (34-23-4-4, 76 points)
4. Kansas City (32-28-3-2, 69 points)
5. Rapid City (27-32-5-3, 62 points)
6. Wichita (24-39-8-3, 59 points)
7. Allen (24-38-4-2, 54 points)
*x-clinched playoff spot
Join us for watch parties all around the KC metro area today at Johnny's Tavern in Blue Springs and Lee's Summit, The Blue Line in the River Market and Twin Peaks in Independence.
Please stay tuned for more postseason information on kcmavericks.com and all Mavericks social media platforms or call or text the Mavericks ticket office at (816) 252-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 27, 2019
- Grizzlies Lose to Wichita 5-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads out Chance Rush, Fall 5-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Come up Short to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Beast Drop Close Game against Manchester - Brampton Beast
- Smooth Sailing: 'Blades Cruise to 5-2 Win over Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Scores Five Unanswered in Win over Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta's Offense Explodes in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Tame Mavericks on Home Ice - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavs Losing Skid Reaches Six Games in 5-3 Loss at Cincy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thompson's Hat Trick Leads Florida Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Fast Start for Komets Sinks K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Add One More to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - March 27 - ECHL
- South Jersey Native F Trevor Gooch Inks ECHL Deal - Reading Royals
- Preview: Everblades Continue Homestand with Series Opener against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Shut out Beast, 1-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Here's How the Mavs Can Punch Their Ticket to the 2019 ECHL Playoffs Wednesday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Doug Heinzer Joins Swamp Rabbits' Ownership Group - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Owner Jack Gulati to Sign His New Book this Saturday - Allen Americans
- Walleye Add a D-Man - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavs Take Wild Tilt at Florida, Win 5-4 in OT
- Mavericks Comeback Effort Thwarted by Early Deficit in Florida, Fall 5-3
- Mavericks Collect 4,717 Stuffed Toys from Annual Teddy Bear Toss
- Mavs Shutout for First Time All Season, Lose 4-0 to Indy
- Mavs Monday: KC Continues to Roll with Winning Weekend