Thunder Scores Five Unanswered in Win over Utah
Wichita, KS - Wichita scored five unanswered goals on Wednesday night, coming back from a two-goal deficit to knock off Utah by the final of 5-2 at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Five different players found the back of the net for the Thunder with PC Labrie leading the way with three points. Stuart Skinner earns his 11th win of the season, making 19 saves.
Utah hopped out to a 2-0 lead with goals from Turner Ottenbreit and Austin Carroll. Ottenbreit caught a pass in the slot and rifled a shot past Skinner at 18 seconds to make it 1-0. Carroll was left all alone in front of the crease and he buried a centering pass to make it 2-0. Wichita battled back to tie the game. Quentin Shore cut the lead to one with a power play goal at 16:28. Ryan Van Stralen stuffed home his own rebound at 17:35 to tie the contest.
In the second, Wichita took its first lead when Stefan Fournier got a feed from Labrie, cut in front of Joe Cannata and beat him for his 15th of the year to make it 3-2. At 17:55, Nolan De Jong buried a shot from the left circle to increase the lead to 4-2.
The only goal of the third came from Labrie to finish the scoring at 5-2. Utah pulled Cannata to try to get back into the game. Labrie stole it near the benches and slid it into the empty net for his 19th of the season.
Wichita has power play goals in four-straight games, going 1-for-3 on the man advantage. Shore finished with a goal and an assist. Labrie had a goal and two helpers. Corey Kalk added two assists.
The Thunder stays at home on Friday night to host the Tulsa Oilers for the final meeting between the two teams at INTRUST Bank Arena starting at 7:05 p.m.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 27, 2019
- Grizzlies Lose to Wichita 5-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads out Chance Rush, Fall 5-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Come up Short to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Beast Drop Close Game against Manchester - Brampton Beast
- Smooth Sailing: 'Blades Cruise to 5-2 Win over Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Scores Five Unanswered in Win over Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta's Offense Explodes in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Tame Mavericks on Home Ice - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavs Losing Skid Reaches Six Games in 5-3 Loss at Cincy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thompson's Hat Trick Leads Florida Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Fast Start for Komets Sinks K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Add One More to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - March 27 - ECHL
- South Jersey Native F Trevor Gooch Inks ECHL Deal - Reading Royals
- Preview: Everblades Continue Homestand with Series Opener against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Shut out Beast, 1-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Here's How the Mavs Can Punch Their Ticket to the 2019 ECHL Playoffs Wednesday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Doug Heinzer Joins Swamp Rabbits' Ownership Group - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Owner Jack Gulati to Sign His New Book this Saturday - Allen Americans
- Walleye Add a D-Man - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.