Walleye Add a D-Man
Toledo, OH - Defenseman Randy Gazzola has a agreed to terms with the Toledo Walleye for the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
Gazzola, a native of Thorold, Ontario, joins the Walleye after helping the University of New Brunswick to a University Cup Championship in Canada for the third time in his five years. He posted 20 points (3G, 17A) this past season in 24 games for the Reds. Over his five year career, Gazzola appeared in 134 games with 19 goals, 86 assists for 105 points and 60 penalty minutes.
The 25-year-old defenseman has been well decorated in his career starting with taking home the Rookie of the Year honor in the 2014-15 season when he averaged nearly a point per game with two goals and 22 assists in 28 games. That landed him on the CIS All-Rookie Team that year. In the 2017-18 season, Gazzola was named to the CIS Second All-Star team while collecting awards for the Most Sportsmanlike Player and the Outstanding Student Athlete award.
Three in three home weekend: Toledo has just seven games remaining in the regular season and three of the final four home games are coming this weekend. Friday night, the Walleye welcome in the Kansas City Mavericks for their only visit to Toledo this year. The two teams split a two game set in Missouri last month. Saturday night is the final meeting of the year between Toledo and Kalamazoo. The Walleye are 7-1-3 this year vs. their Michigan rivals. Sunday wraps up the weekend with a visit from Cincinnati who Toledo just beat last Thursday 4-3. Toledo is 3-4-0 against the division champions. Visit www.toledowalleye.com for tickets or call the box office at 419-725-9255.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 27, 2019
- Grizzlies Lose to Wichita 5-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads out Chance Rush, Fall 5-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Come up Short to Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Beast Drop Close Game against Manchester - Brampton Beast
- Smooth Sailing: 'Blades Cruise to 5-2 Win over Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Scores Five Unanswered in Win over Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Atlanta's Offense Explodes in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Tame Mavericks on Home Ice - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavs Losing Skid Reaches Six Games in 5-3 Loss at Cincy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thompson's Hat Trick Leads Florida Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Fast Start for Komets Sinks K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Add One More to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - March 27 - ECHL
- South Jersey Native F Trevor Gooch Inks ECHL Deal - Reading Royals
- Preview: Everblades Continue Homestand with Series Opener against Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Shut out Beast, 1-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Here's How the Mavs Can Punch Their Ticket to the 2019 ECHL Playoffs Wednesday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Doug Heinzer Joins Swamp Rabbits' Ownership Group - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Owner Jack Gulati to Sign His New Book this Saturday - Allen Americans
- Walleye Add a D-Man - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City Mavericks - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.