Utah's Herbert and Ully Each Named ECHL Players of the Month
PRINCETON, N.J. - Utah Grizzlies forwards Caleb Herbert and Cole Ully have been selected as co-winners of the CCM ECHL?Player of the Month for November.
Herbert, who also was named Player of the Month in?November 2017, scored 10 goals and added 11 assists for 21 points in 12 games in November while Ully tallied five goals and had 16 assists for 21 points in 11 games.
Herbert recorded at least one point in each of his final 11 games during the month and had eight multi-point games including three points on Nov. 3 at Kansas City and Nov. 21 against Allen. He leads the ECHL with 17 goals and 33 points in 19 games this season.
A native of Bloomington, Minnesota, Herbert has tallied 135 points (74g-61a) in 127 career ECHL games with Utah, Greenville, Idaho and South Carolina while adding 27 points (12g-15a) in 105 career games in the American Hockey League with Colorado, Hartford, San Jose, Utica, Texas and Hershey.
Prior to turning pro, Herbert posted 89 points (32g-57a) in 112 career games at the University of Minnesota-Duluth.
Ully had at least one point in each of his 11 games in November, including a four-assist game on Nov. 23 against Allen and seven other two-point efforts. A native of Calgary, Alberta, Ully leads the ECHL with 21 assists and ranks second in the league with 29 points in 18 games this season.
The 23-year-old has 75 points (28g-47a) in 63 career ECHL games with Utah and Idaho and 46 points (20g-26a) in 123 career AHL contests with Colorado and Texas.
Prior to turning pro, Ully posted 237 points (95g-142a) in 256 career games with Kamloops of the Western Hockey League.
The Grizzlies are on the road this Friday and Saturday against the Idaho Steelheads. Utah returns home for games December 12th, 14th and 15th against the Rapid City Rush. Tickets are available now at utahgrizzlies.com or calling the Grizzlies at (801) 988-8000.
Fun fact: The last Utah Grizzlies player to win Player of the Month honors is current assistant coach Ryan Kinasewich, who was named Player of the Month for October in the 2009-10 season. Kinasewich won the award 3 times in a Grizzlies uniform. Grizzlies won goaltender of the month honors for 3 straight months in the 2013-14 season. Current NHL Goaltender Aaron Dell won in January 2014 and Igor Bobkov won in February and March of 2014. Last monthly award winner was Austin Ortega, who won Rookie of the Month in February 2018.
Images from this story
Utah Grizzlies forward Caleb Herbert
Utah Grizzlies forward Caleb Herbert in action
Utah Grizzlies forward Cole Ully with the puck
Utah Grizzlies forward Cole Ully
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 4, 2018
- Special Teams Hinders Oilers in Loss to Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Stun Stingrays Late - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rays Fall Short to Swamp Rabbits - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Snag Point in Shootout Loss at Indy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Justin Wade Assigned to Everblades by AHL's Cleveland Monsters - Florida Everblades
- Teddy Bear Toss Highlights Busy Promotional Game Week - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Win 3-2 in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - December 4 - ECHL
- Overhardt Recalled to Milwaukee - Atlanta Gladiators
- Utah's Herbert, Ully Named Co-Winners of CCM/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Utah's Herbert and Ully Each Named ECHL Players of the Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Milan Dealt to Greenville to Complete Future Considerations Trade - Reading Royals
- Newfoundland's Pooley Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Worcester's Gillam Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- 'Blades to Partner with Wendy's for $2 Ticket Special - Florida Everblades
- Railers' Gillam Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Weekly, December 4th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Home this Friday and Sunday - Maine Mariners
- 'Blades Weekly: Teddy Bear Toss Highlights Second Week of Homestand - Florida Everblades
- Three IceMen Return from AHL - Jacksonville IceMen
- Krushelnyski Returned on Loan from Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Fuel Tangle Tuesday in Indy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Pond Returned to Atlanta by Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.