Thunder Drop 80's Night Battle to Royals
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder fell to 6-5-0-2 on Friday night to the Reading Royals, 4-1. It was the second of eight meetings between the two teams and the Royals have now won both.
Matt Salhany scored the Thunder's lone goal in the first period and the Royals went on to score four unanswered. Salhany's goal came on the powerplay at 10:19 of the first after Hayden Verbeek's shot was deflected by Ryan Walker. The carom came right to Salhany who took a baseball swing and knocked the puck out of midair and into the back of the net. The goal was the first powerplay goal scored by Adirondack since October 25th against the Worcester Railers.
Frankie DiChiara, Pascal LaBerge, Max Willman and Cory Mackin would all score for Reading in the Royals 4-1 victory.
Thunder goaltender Eamon McAdam made 22 saves on 25 shots and Royals' netminder Kirill Ustimenko stopped 24 of 25 in his team's victory. The Thunder penalty kill surrender their first goal against in over six games and gave up two on the evening. The Royals' powerplay finished at 2-for-5 while the Thunder's only went 1-for-3.
Alex Carrier's 100th game played as a member of the Thunder
James Henry's 400th career ECHL game
Thunder fall to 3-2-0-1 on home ice this season.
The Thunder head to Portland to battle the Maine Mariners tomorrow night at 6:00pm from Cross Insurance Arena. It will be the fourth meeting between the two teams and the Thunder lead the season series 2-1.
Images from this story
Ryan Walker of the Adirondack Thunder
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 15, 2019
- Komets Power Play Too Much for K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Open Midwest Swing with 4-1 Win over Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- Klimek Strikes Late to Give Rays 4-3 Win over Indy - South Carolina Stingrays
- Idaho Gets Past Thunder, 4-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Rally Early and Late to Slay the Beast - Maine Mariners
- Swamp Rabbits Annihilate Admirals - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Last-Minute Goal Downs Walleye in Return to Newfoundland - Toledo Walleye
- Hedden's Five Points Propel IceMen over Gladiators 7-3 - Jacksonville IceMen
- GAME RECAP: Atlanta Overpowered in 7-3 Defeat to IceMen - Atlanta Gladiators
- Indy Falls 4-3 to South Carolina in Seven-Goal Thriller - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Drop 80's Night Battle to Royals - Adirondack Thunder
- Rookies Key First-Place Royals to 4-1 Win - Reading Royals
- Wheeling's Home Winning Streak Snapped at Five - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Squash the Walleye 4-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Ebbing Signs with Royals Ahead of Friday Game - Reading Royals
- Parker Milner Recalled by Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - November 15 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Sign Lucas Kohls - Orlando Solar Bears
- First-Ever "Paint the Ice" Event November 18-19 for Hockey Fights Cancer Game - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Mavericks, KCWE Add Road Broadcast to TV Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cuglietta, Vala Recalled to Texas Stars Ahead of Road Weekend - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Royals at Adirondack Before Six-Game Homestand - Reading Royals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: November 15 vs. Toledo Walleye - Newfoundland Growlers
- Paterson Outstanding in 1-0 Overtime Loss to Cincinnati - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.