Three Homers Aren't Enough as Dodgers Avoid Sweep
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - The Iowa Cubs (11-7) missed the sweep as the Oklahoma City Dodgers (7-11) secured an 8-5 victory, Monday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. The two teams combined for six home runs on the night to account for nine of the 13 runs scored.
Iowa got off to a hot start, getting a pair of two-run home runs from Ian Happ and Jim Adduci in the first inning. The effort set the tone for the game as Dodgers' starting pitcher Daniel Corcino cut Iowa's lead in half with his own two-run blast in the second.
Oklahoma City battled back in a big way as it posted a four-run fourth inning on three hits to take a 6-4 edge. The Dodgers got help from two walks and an error in the frame.
The home run derby continued with a Matt Beaty solo shot in the sixth for the Dodgers, and a Cristhian Adames solo homer in the seventh for the I-Cubs. Kyle Garlick hit the game's sixth long ball with another solo shot in the seventh to keep Oklahoma City's lead comfortable.
Duane Underwood Jr. (0-3) took the loss as he was ticketed with six earned runs through 3.2 innings while walking four and striking out three. Corcino (1-1) captured the victory and Jaime Schultz the save (1).
- Jim Adduci has homered in back-to-back games and is the third I-Cub to do so this season.
- In his first game since coming off the IL, Cristhian Adames went 2-for-4 with two runs, one home run and one RBI.
- Dillon Maples and Alberto Baldonado each gave 1.1 scoreless innings of work out of the bullpen.
The I-Cubs return to Principal Park for a nine-game homestand running April 24-May 2. For more information or tickets, visit www.iowacubs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 22, 2019
- Three Homers Aren't Enough as Dodgers Avoid Sweep - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Burnes, Pen Keep Missions Hot on the Mound - San Antonio Missions
- Six-Run Fourth Powers 'Cakes Past Omaha - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Offensive Struggles Continue in Sounds Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Rojas Leads Bees to An 8-4 Victory - Salt Lake Bees
- Little Caesars to Offer "We Win...You Win" Promotion for Salt Lake Bees Games - Salt Lake Bees
- Grand slam dooms River Cats in series-ending loss - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Sweep Reno - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Missions Begin Five-Game Homestand Wednesday - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (5-12) vs. San Antonio Missions (9-8) - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Rally for Five Ninth Inning Runs to Complete Comeback against Isotopes - Tacoma Rainiers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Aces Drop Series Finale, Return Home Wednesday - Reno Aces
- Aviators Host El Paso from April 24-28 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Redbirds Split Series with Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Jones Drives Express to 9-4 Victory over Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Ty France Named PCL Player of the Week - El Paso Chihuahuas
- France, Gomber Shine, Honored with Weekly Awards - PCL
- Gomber Named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week - Memphis Redbirds
- Troy Stokes Jr. to be Presented with Rawlings Gold Glove Award During April 25 Pregame Ceremony - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (9-8) vs. Round Rock Express (10-7) - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.