Aces Drop Series Finale, Return Home Wednesday
El Paso, Texas - The Reno Aces offense failed to get the bats going at Southwest University Park this morning, dropping game four of the series by a score of 4-3. Southpaw Anthony Vasquez did his part to keep Reno in the game (5.1 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 4 K), but Reno's four total hits couldn't get it done. Kevin Cron was the lone bright spot offensively this afternoon, finishing 1-for-4 with a solo blast. Cron's homer in the sixth was his 6th of the season and team-leading 19th RBI.
El Paso wasted little time getting into the scoring column. It took all of five pitches for the Chihuahuas to take a 1-0 lead. Michael Gettys got the game started with a double into right field off Vasquez. Luis Urias followed in a 2-2 count with a RBI two-base hit into left field. Josh Naylor extended the El Paso lead in the bottom of the third with a RBI double. Naylor now has six doubles on the season. Yasmany Tomas made things interesting with a two-run shot in the top of the 9th, but with two outs, it was too little too late. The Aces return home to Greater Nevada Field on Wednesday and will take on the division-leading Fresno Grizzlies.
Top Performers - Reno
Kevin Cron (1-for-4, HR)
Yasmany Tomas (1-for-2, HR, 2 RBI)
Joey Krehbiel (1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER)
Top Performers - El Paso
Josh Naylor (2-for-4)
Dietrich Enns (5.0, 3 H, 3 BB, 2 K, 0 ER)
Austin Allen (1-for-4, HR)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Tuesday April 23 Off Day Off Day Off Day Off Day
Notes & Information
Hard Hitters: Per Sports Info Solutions, entering today, 2017 Pacific Coast League MVP Christian Walker leads Major League baseball in % of at-bats ending with a hard-hit ball. Walker (49%), Christian Yelich (48%), Carlos Santana (47%), Yasmani Grandal (46%), and Cody Bellinger (46%).
On the Move Again: Arizona Diamondbacks Blake Swihart reported to the Major League team today. Following yesterday's game, the club optioned RHP Jimmie Sherfy to Triple-A Reno. Sherfy, 27, was recalled prior to yesterday's game. He has 5 relief appearances at Reno this season, going 0-1 with a 3.38 ERA (2 ER in 5.1 IP) and 9 strikeouts. For the D-backs, he has held opponents scoreless in 24 of 26 career outings, with a 1.00 ERA (3 ER in 27.0 IP), .144 opponent average and 26 strikeouts.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 22, 2019
- Three Homers Aren't Enough as Dodgers Avoid Sweep - Iowa Cubs
- Baby Cakes Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Burnes, Pen Keep Missions Hot on the Mound - San Antonio Missions
- Six-Run Fourth Powers 'Cakes Past Omaha - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Offensive Struggles Continue in Sounds Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Rojas Leads Bees to An 8-4 Victory - Salt Lake Bees
- Little Caesars to Offer "We Win...You Win" Promotion for Salt Lake Bees Games - Salt Lake Bees
- Grand slam dooms River Cats in series-ending loss - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Sweep Reno - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Missions Begin Five-Game Homestand Wednesday - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (5-12) vs. San Antonio Missions (9-8) - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Rally for Five Ninth Inning Runs to Complete Comeback against Isotopes - Tacoma Rainiers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Aces Drop Series Finale, Return Home Wednesday - Reno Aces
- Aviators Host El Paso from April 24-28 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Redbirds Split Series with Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Jones Drives Express to 9-4 Victory over Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Ty France Named PCL Player of the Week - El Paso Chihuahuas
- France, Gomber Shine, Honored with Weekly Awards - PCL
- Gomber Named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week - Memphis Redbirds
- Troy Stokes Jr. to be Presented with Rawlings Gold Glove Award During April 25 Pregame Ceremony - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (9-8) vs. Round Rock Express (10-7) - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Reno Aces to Open Season with Limited Capacity in Greater Nevada Field
- 13 former Aces Crack Arizona Diamondbacks' Opening Day Roster
- Reno Aces Issue Statement on the Passing of Former Farm Director Mike Bell
- Daulton Varsho Optioned to Reno After 2020 with Arizona
- Riley Smith Returning to Reno Aces in 2021