Three Bucks Named NWL All-Stars
Waterloo, Iowa - The Northwoods League has announced the rosters for the 2021 Northwoods League All-Star Game which will be played on Tuesday, July 20 at 7:05 pm in Mankato, Minnesota. Three players from the First-Half Great Plains East Champion Waterloo Bucks were selected: Ryan Duffy, Max Jung-Goldberg, and Garrett McGowan.
Left-handed pitcher Ryan Duffy, a senior from the University of Minnesota and originally from South St. Paul, Minnesota, is fifth in the NWL in ERA with a 0.33 mark. Duffy is the owner of a 2-1 record with 26 strikeouts in 27.2 innings pitched.
Outfielder Max Jung-Goldberg, a sophomore from the University of San Diego and originally from Palo Alto, California, was selected after hitting .299 with three home runs and seven stolen bases. Jung-Goldberg has 28 RBI on the season, which is the seventh best in the NWL.
Pittsburg State University first baseman Garrett McGowan is tied for the league-lead in RBI with 33. A native of Blue Springs, Missouri, the junior has three home runs and seven stolen bases to go along with a .350 batting average, which is the eighth best in the NWL.
This year's All-Stars were chosen in a vote by the 22 member teams of the Northwoods League. Ballots were cast by each team's field staff and media contacts.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale by calling the Bucks' Ticket Line at (319) 232-5633 or available online at www.waterloobucks.com. Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium welcomed a new state of the art video board in 2016 thanks to a matching grant from the Black Hawk County Gaming Association. Team ownership has invested nearly $400,000 in stadium improvements since the end of the 2014 season including group outing areas, painted bleachers, public Wi-Fi, sound system, kids zone inflatables, wiffle ball field, and concessions equipment. Fans are encouraged to stay in touch with the Bucks by utilizing their website at www.waterloobucks.com or utilizing the Northwoods League Mobile App.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 9, 2021
- Bombers Drop Slugfest with Rockford 15-8 - Battle Creek Bombers
- Honkers Drop Back and Forth Game in Duluth - Rochester Honkers
- Mallards Complete Sweep of Growlers with 7-4 Win - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Rafters Drop Another Close Game, Swept by Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Swarts' Monster Night Sends Rox to Series Split - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Shutout to Split Series against Mud Puppies - Willmar Stingers
- Pit Spitters Hand Dock Spiders Win with Costly Error in 8th - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Booyah Winning Streak Snapped - Green Bay Booyah
- Woodchucks Blank Jackrabbits to Earn Split - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Mallards Seal the Deal and Sweep the Growlers - Madison Mallards
- Mallards Send Three to 2021 Northwoods League All-Star Game - Madison Mallards
- Horvath, Alazaus to Represent Rochester in All-Star Game - Rochester Honkers
- Wheaton, Knapp Named 2021 Northwoods League All-Stars - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Booyah Look to Extend Streak to Seven - Green Bay Booyah
- Max Wagner Earns All-Star Bid for Green Bay - Green Bay Booyah
- Northwoods League Announces 2021 All-Star Selections - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Shalley, Matulia Named Northwoods League All-Stars - Rockford Rivets
- Four Rox Players & Coaching Staff Make All-Star Team - St. Cloud Rox
- Casper the Only Logger to Make All-Star Roster - La Crosse Loggers
- Three Bucks Named NWL All-Stars - Waterloo Bucks
- Four Pit Spitters Selected for NWL All-Star Game - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Loggers Chop Down the Rox in 7-4 Win - La Crosse Loggers
- Northwoods League Announces 2021 All-Star Selections - Northwoods
- Kingfish Fall to Green Bay in Series Opener - Kenosha Kingfish
- Larks Get Back on Track, Walk-Off Express - Bismarck Larks
- Huskies Collect Their First Home Shut-Out Victory - Duluth Huskies
- Slow Start Goes by the Wayside, MoonDogs Win Sixth Straight in Slugfest at Waterloo - Mankato MoonDogs
- Thompson Dominates, Rivets Win First Game of 2nd Half - Rockford Rivets
- Bombers Suffer Setback in Loss to Rockford - Battle Creek Bombers
- Honkers Bats Held Down in Opening Loss to Duluth - Rochester Honkers
- Growlers Home Run Barrage Not Enough in Loss to Mallards - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Stingers Defeat Mud Puppies in Series Opener - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Pull off a Huge Win in Kalamazoo - Madison Mallards
- Chinooks Squeak by Rafters to Open Series in Mequon - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Spiders over Spitters in Game One - Traverse City Pit Spitters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Waterloo Bucks Stories
- Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium to Host Football Watch Parties
- Bucks Win 2nd Half Title; Will Host All First Round Games
- Three Bucks Named to NWL Postseason All-Star Team
- Bucks Playoff Tickets Available Monday, August 2
- 6 Bucks Named to NWL Major League Dreams Showcase Roster