Thrashers Recall Defenseman Lewis
The Atlanta Thrashers have recalled defenseman GRANT LEWIS from the Chicago Wolves.
The 23-year-old blueliner has registered 21 assists in 51 outings with Chicago this season, and leads the team with 72 penalty minutes. His 21 points rank fourth among Wolves defensemen, while his +17 plus/minus rating shares first on the team and 11th in the American Hockey League.
The Upper Saint Clair, Penn., native, made his professional debut in 43 contests with the Wolves last season, compiling 14 assists, 16 points and 44 penalty minutes. He also skated in two Calder Cup playoff outings en route to helping the Wolves capture the 2008 Calder Cup championship.
Prior to going pro, Atlanta's second choice, 40th overall, in the 2004 National Hockey League Entry Draft, LEWIS recorded 64 assists, 77 points and 172 penalty minutes in 120 matchups with Dartmouth College (ECAC), spanning four seasons from 2003 to 2007.
LEWIS will be available to make his NHL debut when Atlanta hosts the Florida Panthers at Philips Arena on Tuesday at 6 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2009
- Admirals, WSSP Extend Radio Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Thrashers Recall Defenseman Lewis - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Pic'king it Up - Syracuse Crunch
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Things to Know for the Week - Portland Pirates
- Bell Joins Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Monarchs Roar Back Into Atlantic Playoff Picture - AHL
- Flames Play Four Games In Five Nights This Week - Abbotsford Heat
- Houston Aeros Weekly - Houston Aeros
- Amerks Enter Final Two Months Of Regular Season - Rochester Americans
- River Rats Win Two Of Four Games In Return To Action - Albany River Rats
- Canadiens Sign Left Wing Andrew Conboy To Contract - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Visits Syracuse And Hosts Toronto And Syracuse This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moller Finishes Conditioning Stint, Returns To LA - Manchester Monarchs
- Stars re-assign Sawada to Moose; Moose re-assign Gendur to Victoria - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Continue to Battle Through Grueling Stretch - Norfolk Admirals
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Moose Win Three Straight In Week 21 - Manitoba Moose
- Red Wings Recall Downey and Ericsson, Return Helm and Leino to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Jason Bacashihua Named AHL Player of the Week - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters' Bacashihua named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hog Talk Returns Tonight At Cousin's Bar And Grill - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford Takes Five Of Six Points On The Road - Rockford IceHogs
- Moose Trade Matt Stephenson To Providence - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Recall Turris From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Begin Stretch Drive - Milwaukee Admirals
- Montreal Recalls Ryan O'Byrne from Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Former Major League Baseball Star, Cancer Survivor Dave Dravecky To Speak On Faith And Family Night - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Head To Toronto And Cleveland This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.