Swamp Rabbits Deal D Sean Flanagan for Future Considerations
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits have acquired future considerations from the Fort Wayne Komets in exchange for defenseman Sean Flanagan, according to head coach and director of hockey operations Kevin Kerr.
Flanagan, 26, played 120 games as a member of the Swamp Rabbits, which ranks him 19th all-time in games played in Greenville history. In those 120 games, he scored three goals, and added 37 assists, good for 40 points.
"Sean was a great ambassador of the game as well as a player and person of great character during his career in Greenville," said Kerr. "We thank him for his contributions on the ice and towards growing the game of hockey here in Greenville, and we wish him the best in Fort Wayne."
Flanagan began his pro career with the Reading Royals for four games straight out of school, but immediately signed with Greenville in the offseason. He signed with Greenville on July 1, 2017 as the first defenseman to put ink to paper in that offseason signing period.
The Kindersley, Saskatchewan native was a standout defenseman at Minnesota State Mankato across four seasons as a two-time WCHA champion, a WCHA All-Rookie selection as a freshman, and a standout in the classroom as a WCHA All-Academic Team selection in his junior year, and a WCHA Scholar-Athlete in his last three seasons at school.
Flanagan finished his college career with 54 points, including 13 goals, four of them game-winners, and a +23 rating.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 20, 2019
- Early Period Starts Elevate Steelheads in 5-2 Win over Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Fast Start Propels Idaho Past Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Late Toledo Goal Sinks Mavericks, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Fall in Heartbreaker in First Game against Atlanta - Rapid City Rush
- Late Tally from Malatesta Gives Atlanta 2-1 Win in Series Opener in Rapid City - Atlanta Gladiators
- Two-Goal Second Period Pushes IceMen Past Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Clip Wings at Home - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Have No Jump on Hump Day in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- IceMen Solve Everblades in Coach's Milestone Victory - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Dominate Railers, 7-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Wings Stopped by Cyclones 5-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Dominate Third But Drop vs. Maine, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- Mariners Pile on Royals Early for Fifth Straight Win - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - February 20 - ECHL
- Nailers Make Three Transactions - Wheeling Nailers
- Salvaggio Joins Thunder from AHL Hartford - Wichita Thunder
- G Chris Nell Called up to Hartford Wolf Pack - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Deal D Sean Flanagan for Future Considerations - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Dine to Donate Event Scheduled for February 26th - Wichita Thunder
- Monarchs Acquire Alex Rauter from Nailers - Manchester Monarchs
- Solar Bears to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, Presented by XYMOPrint - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Host Maine: Critical Division Positioning at Stake at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Career Swamp Rabbit Chad Duchesne Returns
- Longtime AHL Pro Ryan Horvat Signed by Greenville
- AIC Product Ryan Polin Inks Deal with Swamp Rabbits
- Swamp Rabbits to Play Home-And-Home Preseason Set with Stingrays
- Goaltender Kyle Hayton Agrees to Terms with Swamp Rabbits