Monarchs Dominate Railers, 7-2
MANCHESTER, N.H. - The Manchester Monarchs tied a season-high seven goals scored in a 7-2 win over the Worcester Railers Wednesday night at SNHU Arena.
The Monarchs (28-24-1-1) scored three second-period goals against the Railers (23-22-5-3) and extended their lead in the division over Worcester.
The Monarchs started the scoring at 9:10 of the first period on the 12th goal of the season by David Kolomatis. Kolomatis intercepted a breakout pass, shorthanded, and went in all alone, where he buried a shot, past the glove of Railers goaltender, Evan Buitenhuis to make the score, 1-0.
Worcester responded on the power play at 9:55 of the first period on the third goal of the season by David Quenneville. Quenneville took a shot from the blue line, that deflected off a body in front and dribbled past the arm of Monarchs goaltender, Charles Williams, just crossing the goal line and tying the game, 1-1.
The Monarchs regained the lead at 10:10 of the first period on the 18th goal of the season by Tony Cameranesi. After the puck bounced off skates in front of the net, Cameranesi collected the puck in the high slot and wristed one past Buitenhuis, to make the score, 2-1.
Manchester grabbed a two-goal lead at 2:47 of the second period, as Travis Walsh scored his fifth of the season and the second shorthanded goal of the game for the Monarchs. Walsh one-timed a rebound, off a shot by Sam Kurker, past the blocker of Buitenhuis, making the score 3-1.
The Railers responded once again, on the power play, as Bo Brauer scored his fourth goal of the season. After a scrum beside the net, Brauer found the puck beside the post and pushed it past the reach of Williams, to make the score, 3-2.
Manchester added another goal at 11:21 of the second period on the eighth goal of the season by Sam Kurker. Walsh took a slap-shot from the left circle, where Kurker slid the rebound between the legs of Buitenhuis, making the score, 4-2.
The Monarchs made it 5-2, when Alex Rauter scored his 11th of the season, first in a Monarchs uniform. Drake Rymsha beat out an icing call and centered a pass to Rauter, who roofed a shot, past Buitenhuis at 14:52 of the second period.
Travis Walsh made it a 6-2 game at 10:06 of the third period when he sent a shot under the bar, from the slot, extending the Monarchs lead to four.
Tony Cameranesi finished the scoring at 14:29 of the third period, on the power play, when Nic Pierog found Cameranesi in the slot, where he fired home a shot to make it 7-2, Manchester.
The Monarchs return to action Friday, February 22 at 7 p.m., when they take on the Reading Royals at SNHU Arena. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 20, 2019
- Early Period Starts Elevate Steelheads in 5-2 Win over Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Fast Start Propels Idaho Past Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Late Toledo Goal Sinks Mavericks, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Fall in Heartbreaker in First Game against Atlanta - Rapid City Rush
- Late Tally from Malatesta Gives Atlanta 2-1 Win in Series Opener in Rapid City - Atlanta Gladiators
- Two-Goal Second Period Pushes IceMen Past Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Clip Wings at Home - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Have No Jump on Hump Day in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- IceMen Solve Everblades in Coach's Milestone Victory - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Dominate Railers, 7-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Wings Stopped by Cyclones 5-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Dominate Third But Drop vs. Maine, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- Mariners Pile on Royals Early for Fifth Straight Win - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - February 20 - ECHL
- Nailers Make Three Transactions - Wheeling Nailers
- Salvaggio Joins Thunder from AHL Hartford - Wichita Thunder
- G Chris Nell Called up to Hartford Wolf Pack - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Deal D Sean Flanagan for Future Considerations - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Dine to Donate Event Scheduled for February 26th - Wichita Thunder
- Monarchs Acquire Alex Rauter from Nailers - Manchester Monarchs
- Solar Bears to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, Presented by XYMOPrint - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Host Maine: Critical Division Positioning at Stake at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.