Solar Bears to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, Presented by XYMOPrint
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears will help continue the fight against cancer this Saturday and Sunday as the team hosts Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, presented by XYMOPrint. The Solar Bears will skate against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits in a pair of games on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. and again on Sunday, Feb. 24 at 1:30 p.m. at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center. Tickets for this special event can be purchased at https://orlandosolarbearshockey.com/hfc.
During both games, the Solar Bears will wear specialty Hockey Fights Cancer jerseys, which will be auctioned off during Saturday's game and distributed to the winning bidders following the game on Sunday. A portion of the proceeds from the jersey auction will support the National Institutes of Health's National Cancer Institute.
Special Solar Bears themed "I Fight For" signs are available to download and print HERE, and will also be available throughout the concourse for both games near the Chuck-A-Puck tables by section 103 and at the Disney Atrium. Fans are encouraged to share their stories and who they fight for on social media using the hashtags #OSBFightsCancer and #HockeyFightsCancer.
Prior to Sunday's game, the Solar Bears will also host a Relay for Life lap around Amway Center with the American Cancer Society. The opening ceremony for the Relay for Life will be held at 11:45 a.m., with the lap to commence at 12:15 p.m.
During Sunday's game, a special survivor lap will take place on the ice in the first intermission. A special Chuck-a-Puck event and luminaria ceremony will be held during the second intermission. Proceeds from the Chuck-a-Puck will benefit the American Cancer Society.
You can also help in the fight against cancer and join members of the Solar Bears by signing up to walk in the Relay for Life event on March 23 at the University of Central Florida. To join the Solar Bears' Relay for Life team, visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com/relay4life.
For more information about the American Cancer Society, visit www.cancer.org.
Saturday's game will also be the second of two televised 2018-19 regular season games to air live on WKMG-TV News 6.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears take on the Norfolk Admirals at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center on Thursday, Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. for Thirsty Thursday, presented by Coors Light. Fans can take advantage of $5 domestic draft beers throughout the game. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for this game.
Fighting Four Packs Presented by CenturyLink:
Gear up for the second half of the 2018-19 season with a Fighting Four Pack, presented by CenturyLink! Pick any four remaining home games and get $65 dollars in gift certificates to Dick's Sporting Goods, First Watch, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to the Saturday, Feb. 23 game against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, part of Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, presented by XYMOPrint. Packs start as low as $69.99.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The 2018-19 Orlando Solar Bears season is presented by XYMOPrint, Orlando's digital printing experts. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale! Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 20, 2019
- Early Period Starts Elevate Steelheads in 5-2 Win over Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Fast Start Propels Idaho Past Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Late Toledo Goal Sinks Mavericks, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Fall in Heartbreaker in First Game against Atlanta - Rapid City Rush
- Late Tally from Malatesta Gives Atlanta 2-1 Win in Series Opener in Rapid City - Atlanta Gladiators
- Two-Goal Second Period Pushes IceMen Past Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Clip Wings at Home - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Railers Have No Jump on Hump Day in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- IceMen Solve Everblades in Coach's Milestone Victory - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Dominate Railers, 7-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Wings Stopped by Cyclones 5-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Dominate Third But Drop vs. Maine, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- Mariners Pile on Royals Early for Fifth Straight Win - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - February 20 - ECHL
- Nailers Make Three Transactions - Wheeling Nailers
- Salvaggio Joins Thunder from AHL Hartford - Wichita Thunder
- G Chris Nell Called up to Hartford Wolf Pack - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Deal D Sean Flanagan for Future Considerations - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Dine to Donate Event Scheduled for February 26th - Wichita Thunder
- Monarchs Acquire Alex Rauter from Nailers - Manchester Monarchs
- Solar Bears to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, Presented by XYMOPrint - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Host Maine: Critical Division Positioning at Stake at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.