Solar Bears Acquire Eric Drapluk in Three-Team Trade
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that the club has acquired defenseman Eric Drapluk from the Tulsa Oilers as part of a three-team trade. Orlando acquired Drapluk by trading forward Jake Marchment to the Worcester Railers in exchange for defenseman Jake Bolton, whom the Solar Bears have subsequently traded to Tulsa.
Drapluk, 27, has recorded three assists and eight penalty minutes in 13 games with Tulsa this season.
In 232 career games, all with Tulsa, the 6-foot-1, 194-pound defenseman has totaled 86 points (21g-65a) and 178 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, the native of Pembroke Pines, Florida played college hockey at Lake Superior State University, where he collected 38 points (13g-25a) and 108 penalty minutes in 134 games for the Lakers program.
Drapluk also played junior hockey for the Coulee Region Chill in the North American Hockey League, where he had 56 points (8g-48a) and 139 penalty minutes in 115 games. During the 2011-12 season he served as team captain and was named to the NAHL All-Midwest Division Team.
Marchment, 24, had one goal and 10 penalty minutes in 11 games with the Solar Bears.
The Solar Bears return home tonight to host the Florida Everblades at 7 p.m. for 90s Night and Thirsty Thursday, presented by Coors Light. Fans can take advantage of $5 domestic draft beers during the game. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for this game.
Purchase Single-Game Tickets:
Single-game tickets for all Solar Bears home games are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and Ticketmaster. CLICK HERE to download the calendar for the 2019-20 season.
Order New Jerseys:
The Orlando Solar Bears will wear new jerseys for the 2019-20 season. Replica jerseys are available for purchase online, with adult sizes available for $149.95 and youth sizes available for $109.95. Fans can visit bit.ly/OSBJerseys to place their order today.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 14, 2019
- Brampton Derails Worcester with Big Third Period - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears Drop 4-1 Decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Milan Wins It in Overtime for Cyclones Following Defensive Battle - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sunny Side: 'Blades Topple Solar Bears for Fifth Straight Win in Series - Florida Everblades
- Railers Special Teams Fail in 5-2 Loss to the Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Choose Your Favourite Wiener for a Chance to Win at Sunday's Home Game - Brampton Beast
- Oilers Acquire Defenseman Jake Bolton from Orlando in Exchange for Eric Drapluk - Tulsa Oilers
- Parkkonen Loaned to AHL Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Acquire Eric Drapluk in Three-Team Trade - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 14 - ECHL
- F Matthew Gaudreau Recalled by Stockton - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Malatesta Lifts Glads to Midday Win over Jax - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Allen Americans - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Bring Back Tschantz and Furgele - Maine Mariners
- Stanley Cup Coming to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Stanley Cup Coming to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Doors Open 5:30 PM Saturday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Shane Conacher Steps Away from Hockey - Adirondack Thunder
- Late Penalty Dooms Rush against Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Can't Hold off Offensive Surge from Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fierce Finish:Five Unanswered Goals Push 'Blades Past Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
- Greenville Slides Past Norfolk Behind Bajkov's Overtime Goal - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.