F Matthew Gaudreau Recalled by Stockton
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals, proud ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, announced Thursday forward Matthew Gaudreau has been recalled to Stockton (AHL). Gaudreau is tied for 4th in the league in points (16) and even with South Carolina's Tom Parisi for an ECHL-best plus-12 rating.
The third-year professional has nine assists, even with Ralph Cuddemi for tops on the squad. Cuddemi leads the league with 19 points (T-2nd in goals, 10g).
Stockton loaned Gaudreau to the Royals in Oct. 2019. In October, Gaudreau won the ECHL's AMI Graphics Plus-Performer of the month with a plus-eight rating.
The Carney's Point, NJ native played his first two professional seasons in the New York Islanders organization, scoring 24 ECHL goals (60 pts.) with Worcester over 88 games. In the AHL, he has one goal and five points in 17 games.
A Boston College graduate, Gaudreau notched 16 goals and 63 points in 119 NCAA games from 2013-17.
Following a road game at Adirondack Nov. 15 at 7:00 p.m., Reading begins a season-long six-game homestand Sat., Nov. 16 at Santander Arena vs. Wheeling for the Royals' annual Veterans Day Game. Saturday's promotions include $1 domestic draft specials, a UGI Utilities Rally Towel Giveaway, special military jerseys, postgame photos on the ice with the players and a pregame performance by the band "Heaven's Thunder." Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for the 7:00 p.m. game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 14, 2019
- Brampton Derails Worcester with Big Third Period - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears Drop 4-1 Decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Milan Wins It in Overtime for Cyclones Following Defensive Battle - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sunny Side: 'Blades Topple Solar Bears for Fifth Straight Win in Series - Florida Everblades
- Railers Special Teams Fail in 5-2 Loss to the Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Choose Your Favourite Wiener for a Chance to Win at Sunday's Home Game - Brampton Beast
- Oilers Acquire Defenseman Jake Bolton from Orlando in Exchange for Eric Drapluk - Tulsa Oilers
- Parkkonen Loaned to AHL Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Acquire Eric Drapluk in Three-Team Trade - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 14 - ECHL
- F Matthew Gaudreau Recalled by Stockton - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Malatesta Lifts Glads to Midday Win over Jax - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Allen Americans - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Bring Back Tschantz and Furgele - Maine Mariners
- Stanley Cup Coming to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Stanley Cup Coming to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Doors Open 5:30 PM Saturday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Shane Conacher Steps Away from Hockey - Adirondack Thunder
- Late Penalty Dooms Rush against Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Can't Hold off Offensive Surge from Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fierce Finish:Five Unanswered Goals Push 'Blades Past Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
- Greenville Slides Past Norfolk Behind Bajkov's Overtime Goal - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- ECHL's North Division Enacts COVID Voluntary Suspension and Plans 2021-22 Return
- Royals Make Important Signing in Talented, Two-Way Forward Scarfo
- Suter Agrees to ECHL Deal, Royals Forward Group Coming into Focus
- ECHL Confirms Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Reading Puts Final Touches on Deal with G Ruck