Oilers Acquire Defenseman Jake Bolton from Orlando in Exchange for Eric Drapluk
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's St. Louis Blues, announced Thursday that the team has traded defenseman Eric Drapluk to Orlando in exchange for defenseman Jake Bolton.
Jake Bolton, 27, comes to Tulsa having most recently suited up for Worcester Railers. Bolton played eight games with Worcester this season, posting one point. Prior to his time in Worcester, the 6'2, 223 lbs. defenseman played 191 ECHL games for Greenville, Florida, Wheeling, Wichita and Atlanta, posting 22 goals and 42 assists for 64 total points. Before turning pro, the Ellington, CT native played four seasons in the NCAA with Holy Cross, registering 54 points (11G, 43A) in 145 college games.
Eric Drapluk, 27, has spent his entire professional career with the Oilers, compiling 86 points (21G, 65A) in 232 games. The Pembroke Pines, FL native played his college hockey at Lake Superior State University, notching 38 points (13G, 25A) in 134 games.
Tulsa hosts Rapid City this Friday at 7:05 p.m. for Ladies Night before hosting the Idaho Steelheads for the first time this season on Saturday. Saturday's contest is Autism Awareness night, and the Oilers will be auctioning off specialty jerseys in the ONEOK Club after the game.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
Images from this story
Defenseman Jake Bolton with the Worcester Railers
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 14, 2019
- Brampton Derails Worcester with Big Third Period - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears Drop 4-1 Decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Milan Wins It in Overtime for Cyclones Following Defensive Battle - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Sunny Side: 'Blades Topple Solar Bears for Fifth Straight Win in Series - Florida Everblades
- Railers Special Teams Fail in 5-2 Loss to the Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Choose Your Favourite Wiener for a Chance to Win at Sunday's Home Game - Brampton Beast
- Oilers Acquire Defenseman Jake Bolton from Orlando in Exchange for Eric Drapluk - Tulsa Oilers
- Parkkonen Loaned to AHL Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Acquire Eric Drapluk in Three-Team Trade - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 14 - ECHL
- F Matthew Gaudreau Recalled by Stockton - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Malatesta Lifts Glads to Midday Win over Jax - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Allen Americans - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Bring Back Tschantz and Furgele - Maine Mariners
- Stanley Cup Coming to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Stanley Cup Coming to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Doors Open 5:30 PM Saturday at Santander Arena - Reading Royals
- Shane Conacher Steps Away from Hockey - Adirondack Thunder
- Late Penalty Dooms Rush against Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Can't Hold off Offensive Surge from Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fierce Finish:Five Unanswered Goals Push 'Blades Past Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
- Greenville Slides Past Norfolk Behind Bajkov's Overtime Goal - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.