Snappers fall in a close one to Cougars
BELOIT, WI - The Beloit Snappers fell tonight by a final score of 3-2 to the Kane County Cougars on Saturday night. Devin Foyle and Cobie Vance paced the offense each collecting a multi-hit game, as part of the Snappers eight hit attack.
Kane County would strike first in the ballgame earning a run in the first inning. However, that would not hold the Snappers back, as the team pushed across a run of their own in the fifth inning to tie the score at one.
In the fifth, Skyler Weber led the inning off with an infield single and swiped second base shortly after. Then, after a bunt by newcomer Max Schuemann, Joseph Pena smashed a sacrifice fly to score the Snappers first run of the game.
Kane County would tack on a run in the sixth and the eighth to retake the lead, but Beloit would continue to be resilient and fight back in the eighth inning plating another run.
The Snappers would channel a little more magic in the eighth, getting Devin Foyle on base with one out on an infield single. Then, Logan Farrar would single into left field to plate Foyle who just moved up to second and cut the lead down to just one.
One batter later, Cobie Vance doubled into centerfield, but on a perfect relay from Kane County, Farrar was cut down at the plate to keep the score at 3-2 after eight complete.
In the ninth, both teams would fail to score, allowing Kane County to go on to win by a score of 3-2 and take the 2-1 lead in the four-game series.
The Snappers will look to earn a split of the series tomorrow taking on Kane County again at 2 P.M. at Pohlman Field. Tomorrow will be Bark in the Park day presented by the Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin and Superheroes & Princesses day. So, make sure you bring your dog and/or dress up as your favorite princess or superhero and spend the day at the ballpark with the Beloit Snappers.
The Beloit Snappers are a member of the Midwest League and have been the Single-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics since 2013. For more ticket information, contact the Snappers office at (608) 362-2272 or visit our website, www.snappersbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 18, 2019
- Herrera Homers But Chiefs Fall Saturday - Peoria Chiefs
- When Loons Attack; Back-To-Back-To-Back - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Smash Two Home Runs to Beat Cubs 4-1 - South Bend Cubs
- Third Straight One-Run Game Goes to Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings Thumped, Drop 4th Straight - Clinton LumberKings
- Snappers fall in a close one to Cougars - Beloit Snappers
- Missed Opportunities Doom TinCaps in Defeat - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Fourth Inning Flurry Guides Bandits to 6-2 Victory - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Tater Trio Lifts Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Kernels K.O. LumberKings, 8-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Putting the Win in Winckowski - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Cruise to 11-3 Win over Captains - Lake County Captains
- Munroe's Home Run Lifts Dragons to 4-1 Win on Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Use Early Homers to Pull Away in 11-3 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Rattlers Rained Out in Burlington on Saturday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Game Postponed - Burlington Bees
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 18 vs. Lansing (Game 40) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Staffer Presents Piece of Family History to Timber Rattler Player - Burlington Bees
- Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Green & Gold Charity Softball Game Announces Participants for June 1 Game - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bees Drop 14-9 Loss to Timber Rattlers - Burlington Bees
- Loons Enjoy Fifth in Win over 'Caps - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Beloit Snappers Stories
- Familiar Faces to Lead Snappers 2020 Field Staff
- Plan for Downtown Beloit Stadium Development Announced Along with New Ownership
- Future Stars, Baseball, and New Promotions Highlight Snappers Fun-Filled 2019 Season
- Snappers Drop Final Game Of 2019 Season
- 4-Run Third Inning Cost Snappers in 5-1 Loss