Sens Walk Off Ducks 3-2 in 10 Innings
The Senators (44-31, 2-3) beat the Akron RubberDucks (34-40, 2-5) 3-2 in 10 innings Monday night, their first walk off win since April. Adrian Sanchez drove in the winning run with an infield hit, scoring Hunter Jones. Taylor Guilbeau and Ronald Pena kept the game tied by retiring the final 13 RubberDucks to come to the plate. With the win the Sens have won back-to-back games for the first time since June 2 & June 4.
In the top of the sixth, the Sens were leading 2-0 but Akron scored a run, then loaded the bases with one out. Taylor Guilbeau came out of the bullpen and allowed a game tying single, but then induced Logan Ice to hit into an inning ending double play. Guilbeau and Pena would go on to retire the next 12 batters.
On Capitol Hill
- Tyler Mapes worked 5.1 innings, throwing 87 pitches, 52 strikes and earning a no-decision. Mapes threw 13 ground ball outs. He was hurt in the sixth inning by a key error that allowed Akron to load the bases, instead of being an inning ending double play.
- Taylor Guilbeau was outstanding in relief. He inherited three runners and only one scored. He struck out two and allowed a hit in 2.2 innings in relief.
- Ronald Pena earned the win by pitching a perfect 9th and 10th innings. In the 10th, with the free runner at second he struck out the final two batters of the inning.
With the Gavel
- Luis Garcia, Adrian Sanchez and Ryan Zimmerman all had two hits. Sanchez drove in the game winner with an infield hit in the 10th inning.
- The Senators had double-digit hits for the second straight game though they stranded nine runners.
It was the fourth walk off win for the Senators and their first since April 20.
Harrisburg improves to 3-4 in extra innings.
Harrisburg is 3-4 during a stretch of 27 consecutive games against Western Division opponents.
Earlier Monday four Senators were named to the Western Division All-Star team and they are: LHP Ben Braymer, C Tres Barrera, INF Ian Sagdal, and OF Rhett Wiseman.
The Senators and Akron RubberDucks play game two of their three-game series Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 6:20 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 24, 2019
- Senators walk off RubberDucks in 10-inning series opener, 3-2 - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves Drop Game Two in Binghamton 3-0 - Erie SeaWolves
- Three Thunder Hurlers Combine to No-Hit Fightin Phils - Trenton Thunder
- Baysox Drop Second Straight, 3-2 - Bowie Baysox
- Reading No-Hit in 7-0 Loss at Trenton - Reading Fightin Phils
- Yard Goats Open Road Trip with Win in Maryland - Hartford Yard Goats
- 'Dogs with a Big Third, Beat the 'Cats 8-4 in the Series Opener - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sens Walk Off Ducks 3-2 in 10 Innings - Harrisburg Senators
- SeaWolves Drop Completion of Suspended Game - Erie SeaWolves
- Four SeaWolves Named Eastern League All-Stars - Erie SeaWolves
- Moniak Among Four Fightins Named EL All-Stars - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 24th vs. New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves at Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #69 Rumble Ponies (2-3) vs. Erie SeaWolves (4-0) - 5:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Four Fisher Cats Voted to Eastern League All-Star Team - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Four Yard Goats Named to Eastern League All-Star Team - Hartford Yard Goats
- Four Baysox Named 2019 All-Stars - Bowie Baysox
- 2019 Eastern League All-Star Game Rosters Announced - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Six Flying Squirrels Selected for Eastern League All-Star Game - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Five Rumble Ponies Named to 2019 All-Star Roster - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Five RubberDucks Named to El All-Star Team - Akron RubberDucks
- Five Thunder Players Named 2019 Eastern League All-Stars - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Sending Three Players to 2019 Eastern League All-Star Game - Altoona Curve
- Dalbec, Houck, Jimenez, and Nunez Named Eastern League All-Stars - Portland Sea Dogs
- 2019 Eastern League All-Star Rosters Announced - EL
- Homestand Preview #7: Ginuwine Comes Home - Bowie Baysox
- Brusa Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Deivi Garcia Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Trenton Thunder
- Eastern League Weekly Award Winners Announced for June 17th-June 23rd - EL
- Tendler Ends Weekend with Sea Dogs Stunner - Reading Fightin Phils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.