Four Yard Goats Named to Eastern League All-Star Team
Hartford, Conn - The Hartford Yard Goats Baseball Club, the Double-A Eastern League Affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, has been informed by the Eastern League office that four of its players have been selected to the Eastern League All-Star team. The announcement was made this afternoon by the host club, the Richmond Flying Squirrels (San Francisco Giants affiliate). Infielders Colton Welker and Alan Trejo, along with relief pitchers Logan Cozart and Alexander Guillen have been named to Eastern Division All-Star team.
The 2019 Eastern League All-Star Game between the Eastern Division and Western Division will take place on Wednesday, July 10 (7:05 PM) at The Diamond in Richmond, Virginia. Three of the Yard Goats EL All-Stars from last season have already made it to the Major League's with the Rockies, Infielder Brendan Rodgers, Outfielder Yonathan Daza, (YAHN-a-thon DAH-za) and pitcher Peter Lambert. Over the past three seasons, nine Yard Goats EL All-Star selections have played Major League Baseball.
Welker, 21, is batting .272 with 19 doubles, 1 triple, 8 home runs, 41 RBI and 27 runs scored in his first season with the Yard Goats. The third baseman is 4th in the Eastern League in RBI, third in doubles, 5th with 28 extra base hits, 6th in 113 total bases, and 8th in slugging percentage (.452) and hits (68). He leads the club in hits, doubles, RBI and total bases. Welker was the Colorado Rockies 4th round pick in 2016 drafted out of Stoneman-Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
Trejo, 23, is batting .272 with 9 doubles, 11 home runs, 32 RBI and 21 runs scored in his first season with the Yard Goats. He leads all Eastern League shortstops with 11 home runs. Trejo ranks 6th in EL in home runs, and 9th in slugging percentage (.451) and total bases (106). The Los Angeles, California native was drafted by the Colorado Rockies in the 16th round in 2017 out of San Diego State University.
Cozart, 26, is 2-1 with five saves, and a 1.80 ERA in 29 relief outings with the Yard Goats. He leads the Eastern League with 29 appearances. The New Philadelphia, Ohio product is the Yard Goats active saves leader, with closer Ben Bowden (20 saves) getting promoted to Triple-A last week. The right-hander surrendered only one run over 15 appearances, April 28th through June 13th. Cozart was drafted by the Colorado Rockies in the 21st round in 2015 out of Ohio University. This is his second season at Hartford.
Guillen, 23, is 2-1 with a 0.92 ERA in 19 relief outings with the Yard Goats. He has allowed only four earned runs in 39 innings of work. The first year Yard Goats hurler has the best ERA of any active player on the club and is second only to Philip Diehl (0.00 ERA, April 7-May 2), who became the first 2019 Yard Goats player to reach the Major Leagues. The San Cristobal, Dominican Republic native did not allow a single run in more than a month and fired 19.1 scoreless innings over 9 relief outings, April 25th through May 28th. The Colorado Rockies signed Guillen as in International Free Agent in 2013.
The Yard Goats return home for their next homestand on Monday, July 1st (7:05 PM), and host the Bowie Baysox (Baltimore Orioles affiliate) for a three game series at Dunkin' Donuts Park. Tickets for all home games are on sale by calling 860-246-GOAT (4628), by visiting online at www.yardgoatsbaseball.com, or in person at the Click It or Ticket Box Office at Dunkin' Donuts Park.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 24, 2019
- Senators walk off RubberDucks in 10-inning series opener, 3-2 - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves Drop Game Two in Binghamton 3-0 - Erie SeaWolves
- Three Thunder Hurlers Combine to No-Hit Fightin Phils - Trenton Thunder
- Baysox Drop Second Straight, 3-2 - Bowie Baysox
- Reading No-Hit in 7-0 Loss at Trenton - Reading Fightin Phils
- Yard Goats Open Road Trip with Win in Maryland - Hartford Yard Goats
- 'Dogs with a Big Third, Beat the 'Cats 8-4 in the Series Opener - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sens Walk Off Ducks 3-2 in 10 Innings - Harrisburg Senators
- SeaWolves Drop Completion of Suspended Game - Erie SeaWolves
- Four SeaWolves Named Eastern League All-Stars - Erie SeaWolves
- Moniak Among Four Fightins Named EL All-Stars - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 24th vs. New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves at Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #69 Rumble Ponies (2-3) vs. Erie SeaWolves (4-0) - 5:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Four Fisher Cats Voted to Eastern League All-Star Team - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Four Yard Goats Named to Eastern League All-Star Team - Hartford Yard Goats
- Four Baysox Named 2019 All-Stars - Bowie Baysox
- 2019 Eastern League All-Star Game Rosters Announced - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Six Flying Squirrels Selected for Eastern League All-Star Game - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Five Rumble Ponies Named to 2019 All-Star Roster - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Five RubberDucks Named to El All-Star Team - Akron RubberDucks
- Five Thunder Players Named 2019 Eastern League All-Stars - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Sending Three Players to 2019 Eastern League All-Star Game - Altoona Curve
- Dalbec, Houck, Jimenez, and Nunez Named Eastern League All-Stars - Portland Sea Dogs
- 2019 Eastern League All-Star Rosters Announced - EL
- Homestand Preview #7: Ginuwine Comes Home - Bowie Baysox
- Brusa Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Deivi Garcia Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Trenton Thunder
- Eastern League Weekly Award Winners Announced for June 17th-June 23rd - EL
- Tendler Ends Weekend with Sea Dogs Stunner - Reading Fightin Phils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.