Sammy Blais Recalled to Blues
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced on Saturday that the Blues have recalled forward Sammy Blais from the San Antonio Rampage.
Rampage General Manager Kevin McDonald announced that San Antonio has recalled defenseman Travis Brown from the ECHL's Wichita Thunder.
Blais, 22, has already played in 24 games with the Blues this season. The Montmagny, Quebec native and second-year Rampage forward has two goals and three points with the Blues this season, as well as eight goals and 18 points in 25 games with San Antonio. The 6-foot-2 forward has points in 13 of his last 15 games for the Rampage, totaling six goals and 16 points over that span.
In 67 AHL games with the Rampage over the past two seasons, Blais has tallied 25 goals and 58 points in 67 games. With the Blues, Blais has three goals and six points in 35 games over the past two seasons.
Brown, 24, has appeared in 29 games in his second season with the Thunder. Originally a fifth-round draft pick of the Chicago Blackhawks in 2012, Brown has totaled 11 goals and 19 points with Wichita this season. The Winnipeg, Manitoba native is in his fourth professional season, appearing in four AHL games with the St. John's IceCaps and San Jose Barracuda and recording a goal and four penalty minutes.
In 187 ECHL games with the Brampton Beast, Allen Americans, and Thunder, Brown has collected 32 goals and 91 points.
The Rampage continue their road trip on Sunday against the Rockford IceHogs at BMO Harris Bank Center. Puck-drop is scheduled for 4 p.m. CT, with the game available on the Ticket 760AM and on AHLTV.
Images from this story
Forward Sammy Blais with the San Antonio Rampage
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2019
- Eagles Fall to Heat 5-2 in Fight-Filled Contest - Colorado Eagles
- Dube, McMurtry Lead Stockton in 5-2 Thriller - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Stumbles in 5-4 Loss in the Shootout to Rockford - Iowa Wild
- Reinforced Roadrunners Rebound, Secure a 4-1 Win over Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Stun Rampage with Three Late Goals in Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Fall 4-1 to Roadrunners - Texas Stars
- Griffins Complete Comeback in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Rocket Sweep Back-To-Back against Devils with 5-2 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Crunch Edged by Amerks, 3-2, in Six-Round Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Fall 3-2 to Checkers - Providence Bruins
- Amerks End Skid, Reclaim North Division Lead with 3-2 Shootout Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Sammy Blais Recalled to Blues - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Tie Game Late, But Lose in Overtime to Comets - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Koivula extends goal-scoring streak to four straight games with the overtime winner - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Comeback Late But Hershey Wins in Shootout - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Checkers Defeat Providence 3-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens Beat Monsters Behind Batherson Pair - Belleville Senators
- Bears Top Phantoms in Shootout, 3-2 - Hershey Bears
- Late Bridgeport Goal Sinks Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Thunderbirds Can't Get Past Marlies in Front of Sellout Crowd - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Devils Swept by Rocket, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Monsters Upended by Senators, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Darcy's Overtime Winner Lifts Comets Over Penguins - Utica Comets
- Gulls Spread Scoring around in 8-3 Romp - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Give up Eight, Fall 8-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Marlies Close out Road Swing in Springfield - Toronto Marlies
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Roy to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Recall Justin Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Game #47 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Go for 15 Straight Wins Tonight on Blackout Cancer - Bakersfield Condors
- Kings Recall Defenseman Matt Roy from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat, Eagles Begin Weekend Set Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Hronek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 16 - Belleville Senators
- Islanders Loan Ladd, Hickey on Conditioning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Blue Jackets Reassign Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks to ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Reign Comeback Nearly Ends Bakersfield Streak - Ontario Reign
- Condors Survive for 14th Straight Win, 7-6 - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Top Wolves, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.