Condors Go for 15 Straight Wins Tonight on Blackout Cancer
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Pacific Division leading Bakersfield Condors put a 14-game winning streak on the line tonight on Dignity Health Home Ice at Rabobank Arena. Only six teams in the 83-year history of the AHL have won 15 straight. Great seats start at just $12 ($13 on game day) and can be purchased, or at the Rabobank Arena box office (opens at noon). Save money and secure LOWER BOWL seating for tonight's game with a Hat Trick Pack.
PROMOTION DETAILS: Blackout Cancer night presented by Univision, 98.5 The Fox, and the Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center. Purchase Blackout Hats for just $5 each (up to 2 per game ticket). The team will wear specialty Blackout Cancer jerseys to be auctioned off to benefit the Kern County Cancer Fund and other local charities. Fill out an "I FIGHT FOR" (see the player photo gallery here) for a special moment during the second period.
Please allow extra time for arrival as Rabobank Arena has installed metal detectors at all entrances. Doors open at 6 p.m. (5:45 p.m. for Condors365 Members
EAT & DRINK
Carved Tri Tip Sandwich
Crossbar Craft Beer Pub
Ice Level Lounge (free with any ticket, must be 21+)
The Bakersfield Condors host the Ontario Reign with a 14-game winning streak on the line. Bakersfield has won the past three matchups in the season series and are 4-1-0 through the opening five games against the Reign.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield trailed 2-0 early, scored six consecutive goals, and then held off a furious Ontario rally en route to a 7-6 win on the road last night. RW Patrick Russell scored twice and the Condors touched up Ontario for five goals in the second period. G Shane Starrett won his 12th straight decision.
RW Jonny Brodzinski returned to the Reign lineup on a conditioning loan and scored a power-play goal. C Philippe Maillet opened the scoring and had three points (1g-2a). LW Carl Grundstom and LW Matt Moulson each had a goal and assist in the loss.
BREAK OUT THE RECORD BOOK
Bakersfield will attempt to become just the seventh team in the 83-year history of the American Hockey League to win 15 consecutive games. It was last done in 2014-15 when Grand Rapids accomplished the feat, a team featuring current Condors winger Mitch Callahan.
2019 IS CURRIE'S YEAR
RW Josh Currie now leads the AHL in scoring since January 1 following a 1g-1a night in Ontario on Friday. In 19 games, Currie has 23 points (15g-8a) and is +7. His 15 goals over that stretch is also a league high. Linemates LW Tyler Benson and C Cooper Marody are tied for third and 10th respectively since January 1 in league scoring as well.
TIME WELL SPENT
During the Condors 14-game winning streak, Bakersfield has led for an impressive 552:49 of game action. They have been tied for 250:43. Remarkably, the team has only trailed for a total of 49:09 of action over the last 14 games, including an early 2-0 hole last night in Ontario.
LW Tyler Benson has 3g-5a in a five-game point streak... C Cooper Marody has goals in two straight and 2g-4a in a five-game point streak... D Ryan Stanton set a new career-high with his fifth goal of the season last night... RW David Gust topped his career high for goals as well with his 14th a night ago... Bakersfield has scored 18 goals over its last three games.
D Kurtis MacDermid is slated to return to the Reign lineup tonight following a one-game suspension.He leads the AHL with 137 penalty minutes... Rookie LW Carl Grundstom is tied for eighth in the rookie scoring race with 36 points. He was acquired from Toronto in a deal which sent D Jake Muzzin to the Maple Leafs... Fellow rookie and teammate Sheldon Rempal is tied for 12th in the same category.
C Ryan Spooner traded to the Vancouver Canucks for RW Sam Gagner
San Diego (3rd) @ San Jose (2nd)
Tucson (4th) @ Texas (Central)
Colorado (5th) @ Stockton (6th)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2019
- Eagles Fall to Heat 5-2 in Fight-Filled Contest - Colorado Eagles
- Dube, McMurtry Lead Stockton in 5-2 Thriller - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Stumbles in 5-4 Loss in the Shootout to Rockford - Iowa Wild
- Reinforced Roadrunners Rebound, Secure a 4-1 Win over Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Stun Rampage with Three Late Goals in Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Fall 4-1 to Roadrunners - Texas Stars
- Griffins Complete Comeback in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Rocket Sweep Back-To-Back against Devils with 5-2 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Crunch Edged by Amerks, 3-2, in Six-Round Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Fall 3-2 to Checkers - Providence Bruins
- Amerks End Skid, Reclaim North Division Lead with 3-2 Shootout Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Sammy Blais Recalled to Blues - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Tie Game Late, But Lose in Overtime to Comets - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Koivula extends goal-scoring streak to four straight games with the overtime winner - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Comeback Late But Hershey Wins in Shootout - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Checkers Defeat Providence 3-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens Beat Monsters Behind Batherson Pair - Belleville Senators
- Bears Top Phantoms in Shootout, 3-2 - Hershey Bears
- Late Bridgeport Goal Sinks Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Thunderbirds Can't Get Past Marlies in Front of Sellout Crowd - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Devils Swept by Rocket, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Monsters Upended by Senators, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Darcy's Overtime Winner Lifts Comets Over Penguins - Utica Comets
- Gulls Spread Scoring around in 8-3 Romp - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Give up Eight, Fall 8-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Marlies Close out Road Swing in Springfield - Toronto Marlies
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Roy to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Recall Justin Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Game #47 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Go for 15 Straight Wins Tonight on Blackout Cancer - Bakersfield Condors
- Kings Recall Defenseman Matt Roy from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat, Eagles Begin Weekend Set Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Hronek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 16 - Belleville Senators
- Islanders Loan Ladd, Hickey on Conditioning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Blue Jackets Reassign Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks to ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Reign Comeback Nearly Ends Bakersfield Streak - Ontario Reign
- Condors Survive for 14th Straight Win, 7-6 - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Top Wolves, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Condors Head Coach Jay Woodcroft Signs Three-Year Extension
- Oilers Sign Patrick Russell to One-Year NHL Deal
- Condors Sign Esposito and Iacobellis to AHL Deals
- Condors & Condors Community Foundation Donates $516,661 in 2018-19
- Oilers Sign Brad Malone and Shane Starrett to One-Year NHL Deals