Islanders Loan Ladd, Hickey on Conditioning
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The New York Islanders announced today forward Andrew Ladd and defenseman Thomas Hickey have been loaned to the team's American Hockey League affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, for conditioning.
Ladd, 33, recorded seven points (three goals, four assists) in 14 games with the Islanders this season, skating in his 14th consecutive NHL campaign. He has 533 points (248 goals, 285 assists) in 934 NHL games between the Islanders, Winnipeg Jets, Chicago Blackhawks, Atlanta Thrashers and Carolina Hurricanes, and won two Stanley Cup championships with Chicago (2006, 2010). In addition, the Maple Ridge, B.C. native served as Atlanta-Winnipeg captain from 2010-16 and has been an alternate captain with the Islanders since 2016-17.
In the AHL, Ladd 20 points (12 goals, eight assists) in 27 games between the Lowell Lock Monsters and Albany River Rats. He hasn't played an AHL game since Dec. 14, 2007. The 6'3, 192-pound forward, who signed a seven-year deal with the Islanders on July 1, 2016, was initially selected by Carolina in the first round (#4 overall) during the 2004 NHL Draft.
Hickey, 30, collected four assists and a plus-eight rating in 32 games with the Islanders this season during his sixth full season with the organization. He has 115 points (22 goals, 93 assists) in 441 NHL games, all with the Islanders, and 75 points (14 goals, 61 assists) in 212 AHL games with the Manchester Monarchs. Hickey was selected to the 2012 AHL All-Star game, but hasn't played in the League since Jan. 11, 2013.
A native of Calgary, Hickey played four seasons with the Seattle Thunderbirds (Western Hockey League) prior to turning pro. He amassed 177 points (39 goals, 138 assists) in 262 games and was a two-time selection to the WHL (West) First All-Star Team. He also won the gold medal at the U20 World Junior Championships in 2007 and 2008. The 6'0, 187-pound defenseman was drafted by the Los Angeles Kings in the first round (#4 overall) in 2007.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2019
- Eagles Fall to Heat 5-2 in Fight-Filled Contest - Colorado Eagles
- Dube, McMurtry Lead Stockton in 5-2 Thriller - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Stumbles in 5-4 Loss in the Shootout to Rockford - Iowa Wild
- Reinforced Roadrunners Rebound, Secure a 4-1 Win over Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Stun Rampage with Three Late Goals in Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Fall 4-1 to Roadrunners - Texas Stars
- Griffins Complete Comeback in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Rocket Sweep Back-To-Back against Devils with 5-2 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Crunch Edged by Amerks, 3-2, in Six-Round Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Fall 3-2 to Checkers - Providence Bruins
- Amerks End Skid, Reclaim North Division Lead with 3-2 Shootout Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Sammy Blais Recalled to Blues - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Tie Game Late, But Lose in Overtime to Comets - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Koivula extends goal-scoring streak to four straight games with the overtime winner - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Comeback Late But Hershey Wins in Shootout - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Checkers Defeat Providence 3-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens Beat Monsters Behind Batherson Pair - Belleville Senators
- Bears Top Phantoms in Shootout, 3-2 - Hershey Bears
- Late Bridgeport Goal Sinks Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Thunderbirds Can't Get Past Marlies in Front of Sellout Crowd - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Devils Swept by Rocket, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Monsters Upended by Senators, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Darcy's Overtime Winner Lifts Comets Over Penguins - Utica Comets
- Gulls Spread Scoring around in 8-3 Romp - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Give up Eight, Fall 8-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Marlies Close out Road Swing in Springfield - Toronto Marlies
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Roy to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Recall Justin Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Game #47 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Go for 15 Straight Wins Tonight on Blackout Cancer - Bakersfield Condors
- Kings Recall Defenseman Matt Roy from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat, Eagles Begin Weekend Set Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Hronek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 16 - Belleville Senators
- Islanders Loan Ladd, Hickey on Conditioning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Blue Jackets Reassign Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks to ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Reign Comeback Nearly Ends Bakersfield Streak - Ontario Reign
- Condors Survive for 14th Straight Win, 7-6 - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Top Wolves, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Helgeson, Kubiak, Brown, Pastujov Agree to Terms
- Islanders Sign Greer, Ho-Sang, Vande Sompel and Wotherspoon
- NCAA 2023 Division I Men's Hockey Regionals Coming to City of Bridgeport and Webster Bank Arena
- Czarnik and Hutton Agree to Two-Year Deals
- Former Sound Tigers Pushed New York Islanders to Deep Playoff Run