Heat, Eagles Begin Weekend Set Saturday
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Arena: Stockton Arena
Date: Saturday, February 16, 2019
Time: 6:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch the game on AHLTV or at watch parties at Channel Brewing Co. and Port City Bar & Grill. The Heat's radio broadcast of the game is available on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter @AHLHeat. Stay tuned after the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game for a chance to win a puck signed by Juuso Valimaki.
Stockton hosts Colorado for the first of two over the weekend. The Heat enter the game nine points behind Colorado for fifth in the Pacific Division but will have a chance to cut into that hole with a pair of games against the Eagles this weekend at Stockton Arena.
AGAINST THE EAGLES
The Heat have enjoyed success against the newest AHL club, entering this weekend's pair of games with a record of 4-1-0-1 on the year against the Eagles. Stockton and Colorado have split their two games played in Stockton Arena with the Heat taking a 7-6 win early in January and the Eagles claiming a shootout victory on Jan. 21.
QUINE FINDS TWINE
Alan Quine snapped a seven-game skid without a goal in the Heat's last game at Bakersfield, snapping a puck past Shane Starrett from the high slot. Quine is Stockton's scoring leader with 40 points on the season and rides a three-game scoring streak (1g,2a) into Saturday's contest.
POWER PLAY BATTLE
The Heat and Eagles have both thrived on the man-advantage in this series, with Stockton coming into tonight's game clicking at 20 percent (6-for-30) and Colorado at 21.1 percent (4-for-19).
LAZAR GETS THE CALL
Forward Curtis Lazar was recalled by the Calgary Flames on Friday. Lazar, the Heat's lone All-Star representative, had 36 points with 16 goals in 46 games and led the Heat with four game-winning goals at the time of his call-up.
The Heat will hit home ice for the first time since Feb. 1 with tonight's game. Since Jan. 19, the Heat have played just twice at Stockton Arena - Jan. 21's contest with Colorado and a 6-4 setback to San Jose to start February.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2019
- Eagles Fall to Heat 5-2 in Fight-Filled Contest - Colorado Eagles
- Dube, McMurtry Lead Stockton in 5-2 Thriller - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Stumbles in 5-4 Loss in the Shootout to Rockford - Iowa Wild
- Reinforced Roadrunners Rebound, Secure a 4-1 Win over Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Stun Rampage with Three Late Goals in Overtime Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Fall 4-1 to Roadrunners - Texas Stars
- Griffins Complete Comeback in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Rocket Sweep Back-To-Back against Devils with 5-2 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Crunch Edged by Amerks, 3-2, in Six-Round Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Fall 3-2 to Checkers - Providence Bruins
- Amerks End Skid, Reclaim North Division Lead with 3-2 Shootout Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Sammy Blais Recalled to Blues - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Tie Game Late, But Lose in Overtime to Comets - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Koivula extends goal-scoring streak to four straight games with the overtime winner - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Comeback Late But Hershey Wins in Shootout - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Checkers Defeat Providence 3-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens Beat Monsters Behind Batherson Pair - Belleville Senators
- Bears Top Phantoms in Shootout, 3-2 - Hershey Bears
- Late Bridgeport Goal Sinks Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Thunderbirds Can't Get Past Marlies in Front of Sellout Crowd - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Devils Swept by Rocket, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Monsters Upended by Senators, 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Darcy's Overtime Winner Lifts Comets Over Penguins - Utica Comets
- Gulls Spread Scoring around in 8-3 Romp - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Give up Eight, Fall 8-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Marlies Close out Road Swing in Springfield - Toronto Marlies
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Roy to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Recall Justin Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Game #47 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Go for 15 Straight Wins Tonight on Blackout Cancer - Bakersfield Condors
- Kings Recall Defenseman Matt Roy from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Heat, Eagles Begin Weekend Set Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Detroit Recalls Hronek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, February 16 - Belleville Senators
- Islanders Loan Ladd, Hickey on Conditioning - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Blue Jackets Reassign Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks to ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Reign Comeback Nearly Ends Bakersfield Streak - Ontario Reign
- Condors Survive for 14th Straight Win, 7-6 - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Top Wolves, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.