Rusin Guides Isotopes to Victory in Sacramento
Isotopes 4 (54-72), River Cats 1 (66-60) - Raley Field, West Sacramento, Calif.
TOEING THE RUBBER: Starting pitcher Chris Rusin earned his second win after yielding one run and five hits in 7.2 innings. The outing was the longest by an Isotopes pitcher in 2019. Rusin did not walk a batter while striking out four. The lefty retired 15 consecutive batters from the second inning until one out in the seventh ... Sam Howard retired the only batter he faced in the eighth inning while Ben Bowden closed out the victory in the ninth for his first save at the Triple-A level.
AT THE DISH: Rusin helped his own cause at the plate connecting on a two-run single in the bottom of the second ... Roberto Ramos also homered in the second inning, a solo shot to right field. Ramos is second on the team in home runs with 25 on the year ... Noel Cuevas gave Albuquerque an insurance run in the ninth inning with a pinch-hit RBI single ... Drew Weeks was the only Isotope to record a multi-hit game, going 2-for-3 with a walk. Weeks is now hitting .426 (26-for-61) in August.
TOPES TIDBITS: The Isotopes have won seven of their last 11 games dating back to August 8 ... Sacramento's Mike Gerber ended the Isotopes shutout bid with a home run with one out in the seventh inning. The homer was Gerber's ninth against the Isotopes this season.
ON DECK: Tuesday - Albuquerque Isotopes at Sacramento River Cats, 8:05 p.m. MT - Raley Field
PROBABLES: Isotopes: RHP Tim Melville (10-5, 5.42), River Cats: RHP Shaun Anderson (2-1, 4.11)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Tacos for the road, and a #TacoTuesday win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers and Sounds Split Tuesday Games - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa's Magic Number Drops to Six - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Splits Doubleheader with Oklahoma City - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs Extend Missions Road Skid to Eight Games - San Antonio Missions
- Ponce de Leon, Carlson Shine in 5-3 Redbirds Triumph - Memphis Redbirds
- Redbirds Edge Express 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Bullpen Squanders Neidert's Gem - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Las Vegas Ballpark Hosts Mexican Baseball Fiesta - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (57-67) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (58-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (59-67) vs Round Rock Express (76-49) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 20, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes at Las Vegas - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas to Host El Paso Strong Night - El Paso Chihuahuas
- 95 Cent Tickets for Grizzlies Night; Ja Morant to Throw First Pitch, Meet Fans - Memphis Redbirds
- Aviators Rally for 6-5 Walk-Off Win over Reno - Las Vegas Aviators
- Second Inning Dooms Bees in Tacoma - Salt Lake Bees
- Felix Hernandez Makes Rehab Start, Tacoma Defeats Salt Lake for Fifth-Straight on Monday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Gerber stays hot against Isotopes but River Cats drop opener - Sacramento River Cats
- Three in the Ninth Wins It for Vegas - Reno Aces
- Rusin Guides Isotopes to Victory in Sacramento - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Return Home with Big Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dog Days: Chihuahuas top Grizzlies 9-1 in series-opener - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Mariachis Hit High Note as Greatest Gorra
- Mariachis Advance to Championship Round of #GreatestGora
- Isotopes to Host "A Speech of Their OwnÃ¢ÂÂ Initiative
- Isotopes/Mariachis Join Minor League Baseball's "Greatest Gorra" Cap Competition
- Isotopes "Stadium Memories" Series to Air on TV, Radio and Facebook Live