Nashville Splits Doubleheader with Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Nashville Sounds and Oklahoma City Dodgers split two games Tuesday night, losing a suspended game 10-4 and winning game two 13-8.
After beginning game one up 4-0 from the start of the May 10 matchup, Oklahoma City started right where they left off with five runs in the bottom of the fourth inning. Zach McKinstry hit a three-run homer, his first of the season with the Dodgers. Later in the inning, Zach Reks hit a two-run homer to make the score 9-0.
Four runs were scored by the Sounds in the top of the eighth. Zack Granite led off with a Little League home run after hitting a double and scored on two throwing errors. Preston Beck earned his first RBI with Nashville by knocking in Andy Ibanez with a double. Patrick Wisdom followed with his first home run of the day, putting the score at 9-4. But one more run was scored by Oklahoma City in the eighth inning and finished off Nashville in game one, winning 10-4.
The seven-inning game began at 7:15 p.m. and the Dodgers started right where they left off. McKinstry hit a two-run double in the bottom of the first inning to go up 2-0 early. But a couple of home runs helped the Sounds take the lead. Jett Bandy hit a solo home run in the top of the second inning to cut the lead in half. Wisdom hit his second home run of the day in the top of the third inning, a two-run shot that gave Nashville the 3-2 lead.
The Dodgers tied the game in the bottom of the third inning and retook the league in the bottom of the fourth. Edwin Rios hit a solo home run to tie the game up in the third inning and Gavin Lux hit a two-run home run in the bottom of the fourth to put Oklahoma City up 5-3. Three more runs were scored by the Dodgers in the bottom of the fifth inning. The Sounds walked in two of those runs and Austin Barnes grounded out to score one more run, giving Oklahoma City the 8-3 lead.
The Sounds exploded for seven runs in the top of the sixth inning. Granite hit a sacrifice fly to score the first run of the inning and Ronald Guzman hit an RBI double to score another. Matt Davidson came up clutch, hitting a three-run home run to tie the game. Later in the inning, Beck hit a two-run trouble to give Nashville the 10-8 lead.
The Sounds would go on to win 13-8 after scoring three more runs on five hits and an error in the seventh inning. After spitting the two games today, the two teams are set to faceoff again tomorrow. With first pitch at 7:05 p.m., Nashville will throw right-hander Tim Dillard (7-8, 4.71) against Oklahoma City's right-hander Logan Bawcom (1-2, 5.16).
With tonight's 10-4 loss and 13-8 win, the Sounds are 58-68 in 2019.
Patrick Wisdom and Matt Davidson totaled three home runs Tuesday, giving both 29 on the season. The 58 home runs are the most by a Nashville duo in franchise history.
James Jones earned his first career win with Nashville in game two.
The 2019 season is the 42nd in Nashville Sounds franchise history and first as the Triple-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers. Single-game tickets are available now by calling (615) 690-4487 or by visiting www.nashvillesounds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Tacos for the road, and a #TacoTuesday win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers and Sounds Split Tuesday Games - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa's Magic Number Drops to Six - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Splits Doubleheader with Oklahoma City - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs Extend Missions Road Skid to Eight Games - San Antonio Missions
- Ponce de Leon, Carlson Shine in 5-3 Redbirds Triumph - Memphis Redbirds
- Redbirds Edge Express 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Bullpen Squanders Neidert's Gem - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Las Vegas Ballpark Hosts Mexican Baseball Fiesta - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (57-67) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (58-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (59-67) vs Round Rock Express (76-49) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 20, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes at Las Vegas - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas to Host El Paso Strong Night - El Paso Chihuahuas
- 95 Cent Tickets for Grizzlies Night; Ja Morant to Throw First Pitch, Meet Fans - Memphis Redbirds
- Aviators Rally for 6-5 Walk-Off Win over Reno - Las Vegas Aviators
- Second Inning Dooms Bees in Tacoma - Salt Lake Bees
- Felix Hernandez Makes Rehab Start, Tacoma Defeats Salt Lake for Fifth-Straight on Monday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Gerber stays hot against Isotopes but River Cats drop opener - Sacramento River Cats
- Three in the Ninth Wins It for Vegas - Reno Aces
- Rusin Guides Isotopes to Victory in Sacramento - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Return Home with Big Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dog Days: Chihuahuas top Grizzlies 9-1 in series-opener - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds to Host Blood Drive at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds Announce Season Ticket Member Deposit Campaign for 2021 Season
- Nashville Sounds Announce Virtual 5K Run Presented by First Horizon
- Nashville Sounds to Open First Horizon Park for Private Batting Practice Groups
- Nashville Sounds Issue Statement on 2020 Alternate Season at First Horizon Park