Reno Aces Game Notes at Las Vegas
Today's Game: Jon Duplantier returns to the Aces starting rotation following a brief stint with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Duplantier enters with a 0-2 record and 6.39 ERA in 10 Triple-A appearances. With the loss last night, Reno's elimination number is eight with 13 games remaining on the Pacific Coast League calendar.
Ouch: Tim Locastro was hit by a pitch yet again in last night's ballgame against the Aviators. It's the ninth time in 28 games for Reno. It was TimmyLo's 25th overall HBP this season between Arizona and Reno. Reno's Andy Young has 30 HBP across Double-A (19) and Triple-A (11), tied with Seth Beer for the most in all Minor League baseball. The Aces activated Wyatt Mathisen from the Injured list today. He leads the PCL with 19 HBP's this year. If you combine Mathisen's 19, Young's 11, and Locastro's nine HBP's they would have 39 total. The Omaha Storm Chasers as a team are last in the PCL in the category with 41, Fresno and Albuquerque each have 43. The Aces have been plunked 73 times this year.
Reno Aces Save Lives: Reno Aces fans, members of the Northern Nevada media market and all community members can join their favorite ballclub in saving lives this summer at Greater Nevada Field through Vitalant. The Reno Aces, in conjunction with Vitalant, can support local first responders and hospital patients by giving blood at the third annual 'Battle of the Badges' blood drive on Wednesday, August 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Greater Nevada Field.
MVP Race: Las Vegas' Seth Brown went yard two times against the Aces last night to bring his total to 37, one behind Reno's Kevin Cron. The PCL MVP race appears to involve three players. Cron - .322 AVG, .439 OBP, .824 SLG with 38 HR/98 RBI/77 R over 72 games. Brown - .294 AVG, .348 OBP, .641 SLG with 37 HR/103 RBI/95 R/8 SB over 107 games. El Paso's Ty France - .399 AVG, .477 OBP, .770 SLG with 27 HR/89 RBI/83 R over 76 games.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Tacos for the road, and a #TacoTuesday win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers and Sounds Split Tuesday Games - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa's Magic Number Drops to Six - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Splits Doubleheader with Oklahoma City - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs Extend Missions Road Skid to Eight Games - San Antonio Missions
- Ponce de Leon, Carlson Shine in 5-3 Redbirds Triumph - Memphis Redbirds
- Redbirds Edge Express 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Bullpen Squanders Neidert's Gem - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Las Vegas Ballpark Hosts Mexican Baseball Fiesta - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (57-67) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (58-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (59-67) vs Round Rock Express (76-49) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 20, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes at Las Vegas - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas to Host El Paso Strong Night - El Paso Chihuahuas
- 95 Cent Tickets for Grizzlies Night; Ja Morant to Throw First Pitch, Meet Fans - Memphis Redbirds
- Aviators Rally for 6-5 Walk-Off Win over Reno - Las Vegas Aviators
- Second Inning Dooms Bees in Tacoma - Salt Lake Bees
- Felix Hernandez Makes Rehab Start, Tacoma Defeats Salt Lake for Fifth-Straight on Monday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Gerber stays hot against Isotopes but River Cats drop opener - Sacramento River Cats
- Three in the Ninth Wins It for Vegas - Reno Aces
- Rusin Guides Isotopes to Victory in Sacramento - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Return Home with Big Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dog Days: Chihuahuas top Grizzlies 9-1 in series-opener - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada