Cubs Extend Missions Road Skid to Eight Games
DES MOINES - The Iowa Cubs plated four runs in the sixth and seventh innings against Zack Brown en route to a 5-1 win over the Missions on Tuesday night at Principal Park, extending San Antonio's road losing streak to eight games. It's the club's longest such skid since dropping 11 in-a-row on the road in August, 2012.
Brent Suter served as the Missions opener and the left-hander was sharp in his three innings of work. Working quickly throughout his outing, he limited Iowa to a pair of singles while fanning five. Suter is on a major league rehab assignment and working his way back from Tommy John surgery that was performed last summer.
The Missions only run came in the opening inning when Tyrone Taylor doubled home Tyler Saladino. The two-bagger extended Taylor's hitting streak to a season high seven straight games.
Saladino had to leave the game with an apparent injury after his second at-bat in the second inning. Catcher David Freitas was also a last minute scratch from the starting lineup for undisclosed reasons.
San Antonio got a bit of a break as Round Rock lost its game in Memphis on Tuesday night, keeping the Missions within 2 1/2 games of the first place Express. There are only 13 games left on the schedule, four of which are against Round Rock next week at Dell Diamond.
The loss was also the Missions ninth in the last 11 games and their ninth in 14 games against the Cubs this season.
RH Shelby Miller (0-1, 4.76) vs. RH Tyson Miller (2-3, 9.00) 7:08 PM
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Tacos for the road, and a #TacoTuesday win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers and Sounds Split Tuesday Games - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa's Magic Number Drops to Six - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Splits Doubleheader with Oklahoma City - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs Extend Missions Road Skid to Eight Games - San Antonio Missions
- Ponce de Leon, Carlson Shine in 5-3 Redbirds Triumph - Memphis Redbirds
- Redbirds Edge Express 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Bullpen Squanders Neidert's Gem - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Las Vegas Ballpark Hosts Mexican Baseball Fiesta - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (57-67) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (58-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (59-67) vs Round Rock Express (76-49) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 20, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes at Las Vegas - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas to Host El Paso Strong Night - El Paso Chihuahuas
- 95 Cent Tickets for Grizzlies Night; Ja Morant to Throw First Pitch, Meet Fans - Memphis Redbirds
- Aviators Rally for 6-5 Walk-Off Win over Reno - Las Vegas Aviators
- Second Inning Dooms Bees in Tacoma - Salt Lake Bees
- Felix Hernandez Makes Rehab Start, Tacoma Defeats Salt Lake for Fifth-Straight on Monday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Gerber stays hot against Isotopes but River Cats drop opener - Sacramento River Cats
- Three in the Ninth Wins It for Vegas - Reno Aces
- Rusin Guides Isotopes to Victory in Sacramento - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Return Home with Big Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dog Days: Chihuahuas top Grizzlies 9-1 in series-opener - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative