Rubber Game of Rattlers and Snappers Series Suspended
BELOIT, WI - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Beloit Snappers will have to wait to finish their three-game series. Rain halted play with Beloit leading Wisconsin 3-2 in the bottom of the fourth inning on Wednesday night at Pohlman Field.
Cobie Vance put the Snappers up with a lead-off home run in the bottom of the first inning. Beloit loaded the bases with one out against Wisconsin starter Aaron Ashby, but the Rattlers lefty escaped with no more damage in the frame.
Wisconsin responded with a two-out rally in the top of the first inning. Leugim Castillo drew a walk on a 3-2 pitch from Beloit starter Bryce Conley to extend the inning. Jesús Lujano dropped a single into right to get Castillo to third. Lujano got himself into scoring position with a stolen base. Antonio Piñero put the Rattlers in front with a bloop single to right that scored both runners.
However, the lead didn't last long. Ashby walked Ryan Gridley to start the rally. Vance tied the game with a double to left to score Gridley. Chase Calabuig followed with a single to get Vance home and the Snappers were up 3-2.
Ashby struck out the side in order in the bottom of the third and the first batter he faced in the bottom of the fourth to give him nine strikeouts in the game. The Snappers got a runner on when Ashby walked Calabuig with two outs as the rain began pouring down. Play was halted before the next batter could see a pitch and it would not resume.
The action will be picked up at Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium from where it ended in Beloit during the scheduled series between the Rattlers and Snappers June 7 through June 10. The date of the resumption of play will be announced later by the Rattlers.
The Timber Rattlers continue their road trip on Thursday night with game one of a three-game series against the Clinton LumberKings at Ashford University Field. Max Lazar (1-0, 0.90) is the scheduled starting pitcher for Wisconsin. Clinton has named George Soriano (0-0, 1.42) as their starter. Game time is 6:30pm. The broadcast is on AM1280, WNAM and the TuneIn Radio app starting with the Papa John's Pizza Pregame Show at 6:10pm.
R H E
WIS 020 0
Click here for Wednesday's Boxscore
Cobie Vance (1st, 0 on in 1st inning off Aaron Ashby, 0 out)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 17, 2019
- Montgomery Shines in Two Inning Rehab Start as Cubs Beat Loons 2-1 - South Bend Cubs
- Fort Wayne Falls in Road Trip Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Loons Fall in Finale to South Bend - Great Lakes Loons
- Snappers and Timber Rattlers Suspended Wednesday - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 4-3, Win Series and Home Stand - Dayton Dragons
- Rubber Game of Rattlers and Snappers Series Suspended - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- David Banuelos activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Herrera, Nootbaar Homer in Chiefs Loss to Clinton - Peoria Chiefs
- 20-Game High School Baseball Program Continues Friday at Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Swept in Series, Homestand - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Threat of Severe Weather Postpones Wednesday's Game - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kernels and River Bandits Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- LumberKings Storm Back to Capture Series - Clinton LumberKings
- Sweep: Lugnuts Finish off Whitecaps, 8-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Ryan Proves Too Much for Captains - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 17 at Dayton (Game 14) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kernels Homestand Preview: April 18-20 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Storm Back in Ninth - Kane County Cougars
- Ryan Ties Single-Game Strikeout Record in 10-4 Victory - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bees Take Third Consecutive Win with 13-Hit Barrage of Cougars - Burlington Bees
- South Bend Cubs to Offer Peanut-Free Suite on May 19 - South Bend Cubs
- Snappers fall to Timber Rattlers 8-0 on Tuesday night - Beloit Snappers
- Cardenas' Inside-The-Park Homer Propels Captains - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Stories
- Promotions Announced for Front Offices of Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- River Bandits Beat Rattlers in Season Finale
- Early Lead Is Enough For Rattlers Win at Quad Cities
- Wisconsin Edges Quad Cities 4-3
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County