South Bend Cubs to Offer Peanut-Free Suite on May 19
SOUTH BEND, IN - On Sunday, May 19, the South Bend Cubs will once again provide a peanut-free indoor suite for fans and guests who experience peanut related allergies.
An estimated 32 million Americans suffer from food allergies, according to Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE). The 32 million total Americans include 5.6 million children under the age of 18. Additionally, 1 in 13 children experience a food allergy. Peanut allergies are among the most common food allergies and, according to studies funded by FARE, the number of U.S. children with peanut allergies more than tripled between 1997 and 2008.
"The peanut-free suite is a popular event for our fans with food allergies every year," South Bend Cubs President Joe Hart said. "The last few years we offered this were big successes and we were able to arrange an enjoyable day at the ballpark for our guests in the suite. Everyone in our city should be able to experience a South Bend Cubs game, so we will do whatever it takes to make that happen."
The peanut-free suite costs $19 per person. Space is limited to the first 40 fans. The $19 package includes a game ticket, South Bend Cubs hat, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and soft drinks. Guests interested in purchasing tickets can call the South Bend Cubs at (574)-235-9988 or stop by the Four Winds Field Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 17, 2019
- Montgomery Shines in Two Inning Rehab Start as Cubs Beat Loons 2-1 - South Bend Cubs
- Fort Wayne Falls in Road Trip Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Loons Fall in Finale to South Bend - Great Lakes Loons
- Snappers and Timber Rattlers Suspended Wednesday - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 4-3, Win Series and Home Stand - Dayton Dragons
- Rubber Game of Rattlers and Snappers Series Suspended - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- David Banuelos activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Herrera, Nootbaar Homer in Chiefs Loss to Clinton - Peoria Chiefs
- 20-Game High School Baseball Program Continues Friday at Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Swept in Series, Homestand - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Threat of Severe Weather Postpones Wednesday's Game - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kernels and River Bandits Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- LumberKings Storm Back to Capture Series - Clinton LumberKings
- Sweep: Lugnuts Finish off Whitecaps, 8-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Ryan Proves Too Much for Captains - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 17 at Dayton (Game 14) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kernels Homestand Preview: April 18-20 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Storm Back in Ninth - Kane County Cougars
- Ryan Ties Single-Game Strikeout Record in 10-4 Victory - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bees Take Third Consecutive Win with 13-Hit Barrage of Cougars - Burlington Bees
- South Bend Cubs to Offer Peanut-Free Suite on May 19 - South Bend Cubs
- Snappers fall to Timber Rattlers 8-0 on Tuesday night - Beloit Snappers
- Cardenas' Inside-The-Park Homer Propels Captains - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bend Cubs Stories
- South Bend Cubs Announce 2020 Weekly Promotional Schedule
- Cubs Food Feud Final Five Voting Now Open
- South Bend Cubs Single Game Tickets on Sale March 11
- Register Now for the 2020 Meijer Baseball Academy
- South Bend Cubs Prepare for Upcoming Season with Call for Fan Photos