Bees Take Third Consecutive Win with 13-Hit Barrage of Cougars
Burlington pounded out 13 hits against Kane County pitching Tuesday afternoon, and the Bees won their third game in a row 6-3.
Angels' 2018 first round pick Jordyn Adams went 3-5, including a double and a run scored. Gleyvin Pineda continued to be hot with a 3-4 day, an RBI and two runs scored. Kevin Maitan and Spencer Griffin both had 2-4 afternoons.
Yet in it all, the game was tied at 3-3 going into the seventh. Pineda dropped a bunt single, getting second on a throwing error by Cougar pitcher Ryan Miller. Alex Olmeda drove him home with a line single to left. Bees ahead 4-3.
In the eighth, Burlington added two insurance runs. Adams doubled to center. Livan Soto moved him to third with a sacrifice bunt. From there the Bees' young centerfielder scored on a passed ball. Maitan then fouled off a 3-2 pitch, and drove the next one out of the park to right. It was his first home run of the year.
Robinson Pina got the win in relief, throwing the final five innings to the tune of 2 hits, 1 run, no walks and six strikeouts.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 17, 2019
- Montgomery Shines in Two Inning Rehab Start as Cubs Beat Loons 2-1 - South Bend Cubs
- Fort Wayne Falls in Road Trip Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Loons Fall in Finale to South Bend - Great Lakes Loons
- Snappers and Timber Rattlers Suspended Wednesday - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 4-3, Win Series and Home Stand - Dayton Dragons
- Rubber Game of Rattlers and Snappers Series Suspended - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- David Banuelos activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Herrera, Nootbaar Homer in Chiefs Loss to Clinton - Peoria Chiefs
- 20-Game High School Baseball Program Continues Friday at Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Swept in Series, Homestand - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Threat of Severe Weather Postpones Wednesday's Game - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kernels and River Bandits Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- LumberKings Storm Back to Capture Series - Clinton LumberKings
- Sweep: Lugnuts Finish off Whitecaps, 8-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Ryan Proves Too Much for Captains - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 17 at Dayton (Game 14) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kernels Homestand Preview: April 18-20 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Storm Back in Ninth - Kane County Cougars
- Ryan Ties Single-Game Strikeout Record in 10-4 Victory - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bees Take Third Consecutive Win with 13-Hit Barrage of Cougars - Burlington Bees
- South Bend Cubs to Offer Peanut-Free Suite on May 19 - South Bend Cubs
- Snappers fall to Timber Rattlers 8-0 on Tuesday night - Beloit Snappers
- Cardenas' Inside-The-Park Homer Propels Captains - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Burlington Bees Stories
- Burlington Bees Thank Save MiLB Task Force
- Burlington Bees Unveil 12 Days of Christmas Specials
- 2020 Burlington Bees Special Events Set
- Bees GM Named Minor League Female Executive of the Year
- Parker Named Rawlings Midwest League Woman Executive of the Year Nominee