Dragons Notes for Wednesday
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 l Game # 13
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Fort Wayne TinCaps (8-5) at Dayton Dragons (4-8)
RH Efrain Contreras (0-0, 3.00) vs. RH James Marinan (0-1, 5.00)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the last game of a three-game set. Season Series: Fort Wayne 5, Dayton 1. Dragons on Current Home Stand: 2-2.
Last Game: Tuesday: Fort Wayne 8, Dayton 4. Fort Wayne scored four runs in the third inning to take a 4-1 lead and went on to even the series at one win apiece. Blake Hunt hit a two-run home run for Fort Wayne and Luis Almanzar added a solo shot. The Dragons had a season-high five extra base hits including home runs by Mariel Bautista and Bren Spillane. Bautista led an 11-hit Dayton attack with three hits including the homer. Dragons starting pitcher Jhon De Jesus saw his 12-inning scoreless streak end in the third. He allowed six runs in four and one-third innings to take the loss.
With a win tonight, the Dragons would earn their first series win of the 2019 season. They have split three 2-game sets to date while losing all four games of a 4-game set in Fort Wayne. The Dragons have split the first two games of the current series with Fort Wayne.
The team ERA on the current home stand (four games) is 3.25 (36 IP, 13 ER). Starters on the home stand: 18 IP, 8 ER, 4.00 ERA. Bullpen on the home stand: 18 IP, 5 ER, 2.50 ERA.
Shard Munroe is batting .393 (11 for 28) over his last eight games to raise his season's average to .355, which ranks seventh in the MWL. He is eighth in slugging percentage at .581 and leads the league in triples with three. He is also the Dragons top hitter with men on base, batting .400 (6 for 15) with three walks.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Thursday, April 18 (6:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-1, 1.17) at Lansing RH Sean Wymer (0-0, 3.65)
Friday, April 19 (6:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Jared Solomon (0-1, 3.38) at Lansing RH Cobi Johnson (0-0, 1.00)
Saturday, April 20 (1:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Jacob Heatherly (1-1, 5.19) at Lansing RH Josh Winckowski (0-0, 2.08)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 17, 2019
- Montgomery Shines in Two Inning Rehab Start as Cubs Beat Loons 2-1 - South Bend Cubs
- Fort Wayne Falls in Road Trip Finale at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Loons Fall in Finale to South Bend - Great Lakes Loons
- Snappers and Timber Rattlers Suspended Wednesday - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Edge Fort Wayne 4-3, Win Series and Home Stand - Dayton Dragons
- Rubber Game of Rattlers and Snappers Series Suspended - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- David Banuelos activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Herrera, Nootbaar Homer in Chiefs Loss to Clinton - Peoria Chiefs
- 20-Game High School Baseball Program Continues Friday at Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Swept in Series, Homestand - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Threat of Severe Weather Postpones Wednesday's Game - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kernels and River Bandits Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- LumberKings Storm Back to Capture Series - Clinton LumberKings
- Sweep: Lugnuts Finish off Whitecaps, 8-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Ryan Proves Too Much for Captains - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 17 at Dayton (Game 14) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kernels Homestand Preview: April 18-20 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Storm Back in Ninth - Kane County Cougars
- Ryan Ties Single-Game Strikeout Record in 10-4 Victory - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bees Take Third Consecutive Win with 13-Hit Barrage of Cougars - Burlington Bees
- South Bend Cubs to Offer Peanut-Free Suite on May 19 - South Bend Cubs
- Snappers fall to Timber Rattlers 8-0 on Tuesday night - Beloit Snappers
- Cardenas' Inside-The-Park Homer Propels Captains - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Registration Underway for Dragons 5K
- CareSource Continues Partnership with Dayton Dragons to Salute Area Veterans
- Dragons Announce Stadium Naming Rights Agreement with Day Air Credit Union
- Registration Begins Today for Dragons National Anthem Tryouts
- Dayton Dragons 2019 Organizational Year in Review