Royals Blanked by Silvertips in Season Opener
Everett, WA - The Victoria Royals were defeated 6-0 by the Everett Silvertips, in their first game of the 2019-20 season, on Saturday night at Angel of the Winds Arena.
Gamesheet - bit.ly/2msL0zI.
Royals - No scoring.
Everett - Bryce Kindopp 2g-2a, Gage Goncalves 0g-4a, Wyatte Wylie 2g-0a (Game Winner), Justyn Gurney 1g-0a, Max Patterson 1g-0a, Ronan Seeley 0g-1a, Jackson Berezowski 0g-1a, Jalen Price 0g-1a, Jack Lambert 0g-1a.
Royals - Shane Farkas (L) - 49:37 mins, 22 saves on 28 shots.
Brock Gould - 10:23 mins, stopped all four shots he faced.
Everett - Dustin Wolf (W) - 60:00 mins, stopped all 26 shots he faced.
Royals - 0/5=0.0%
Everett - 1/5=20.0%
Season Openers: With the loss tonight, the Royals now hold a record of 5-4-0-0 in season openers.
Debuting Royals: Forwards Keanu Derungs and Riley Gannon, along with defenceman Nolan Bentham made their WHL debuts in tonight's game. Additionally, forwards Gary Haden, River Fahey, Graeme Bryks and defencemen Will Warm, Jacob Herauf and Nolan Jones, along with goaltender Shane Farkas, skated in their first contest as a Royal.
Island Born: Tonight's game included five players who were born on Vancouver Island. Victoria was represented by River Fahey (Campbell River), Riley Gannon (Nanaimo) and Nolan Bentham (Victoria), while Everett's roster included Jalen Price (Campbell River) and Ty Gibson (Victoria).
Home Opening Weekend: Victoria's Home Opener is set for Friday, September 27th versus the Prince George Cougars, while the two teams will also meet on Saturday, September 28th. Puck drop for both contests is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Select Your Tickets box office, over the phone by calling 250-220-7777, or online at www.selectyourtickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 22, 2019
- Sawchuk Snipes Twice as Oil Kings Make It Back-To-Back Wins vs. Rebels - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Rebels Struggle Offensively in 4-1 Road Loss to Oil Kings - Red Deer Rebels
- Nolan Foote returned to Rockets - Kelowna Rockets
- Game Day Hub: September 22 - Portland Winterhawks
- Wheat Kings Double up Ice Saturday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Double up Winnipeg ICE 4-2 on Saturday Night - Winnipeg Ice
- Brkin Backstops Warriors to Win over Pats - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Blades Downed 1-0 in 2019 Merlin Ford Lincoln Home Opener - Saskatoon Blades
- Giants Complete Weekend Sweep of the Cougars with a 4-1 Victory - Vancouver Giants
- Hamaliuk beats the buzzer to lift the Rockets to victory - Kelowna Rockets
- Cougars Swept by Vancouver to Open Season - Prince George Cougars
- Wolf Shutout, Plenty of Offense Spell Silvertips Win - Everett Silvertips
- Tigers Split Season Opening Weekend - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Americans Close Opening Weekend with Loss to Portland - Tri-City Americans
- Kiviniemi's Overtime Winner Lifts Broncos over Hitmen - Swift Current Broncos
- Impressive Home Opening Win for the for the Hawks - Portland Winterhawks
- Rebels Drop Season Opener to Oil Kings, But Show Positive Signs - Red Deer Rebels
- Chiefs Head Home with Three Points After OT Loss at Kelowna - Spokane Chiefs
- Ross Douses Blazers for T-Birds Home Opener Win - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Royals Blanked by Silvertips in Season Opener - Victoria Royals
- Bilous, Fonstad Lead Raiders to Win in Saskatoon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Hitmen Can't Hold off Swift Current in OT - Calgary Hitmen
- Oil Kings Open Regular Season with Win over Rebels - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Pats Rally but Fall to Moose Jaw - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.