Wolf Shutout, Plenty of Offense Spell Silvertips Win
EVERETT, Wash. - Gage Goncalves (career high) and Bryce Kindopp each collected four points nights while Dustin Wolf moved into a third place tie on the club all-time shutout list (12) with 26 saves, helping the Everett Silvertips hammer the Victoria Royals in a 6-0 victory on Saturday before 4,420 fans in downtown Everett on Saturday night.
Wolf moved into a third place tie with Michael Wall on the shutout list while Kindopp moved into 17thon the Tips all-time points list, surpassing Dan Gendur and Torrie Wheat. The Tips earned their first victory of the season and outshot the Royals, 32-26.
Wyatte Wylie staked the Tips to a 1-0 lead with 4:34 left in the first period on a power-play goal, finishing a fantastic tic-tac-toe set up by Kindopp and Goncalves at the right circle. Kindopp stashed a backhander past Shane Farkas just 17 seconds into the second period for a 2-0 edge, and Justyn Gurney stashed a rebound into a wide open net, set up by Kindopp's blast from the right circle at 9:30 for a 3-0 cushion.
Wolf turned away 13 shots through the first two periods and steered loose pucks into the corners and out of play with comfortable ease for much of the night.
Max Patterson walked out into the slot for a 4-0 lead, his first goal of the season at 7:21 of the third and Jack Lambert earned his first career WHL assist, helping dig the puck from the backboards.
From there, the Tips maneuvered to open the floodgates. Kindopp and Wylie each scored their second goals just 30 seconds apart, beginning with Kindopp going bar down on Farkas off the rush at 9:07 for a 5-0 lead. On the next shift, the Tips had Wylie cruising to the right circle and his snap shot finished Farkas' work with a 6-0 lead, who was replaced for Brock Gould for the remainder of the game.
Farkas made 22 saves and Gould stopped all four shots in relief.
1. Gage Goncalves (EVT)
2. Dustin Wolf (EVT)
3. Bryce Kindopp (EVT)
NOTES: Scratched from the lineup were Martin Fasko-Rudas, Brendan Lee, Michal Gut, Gianni Fairbrother, and Braden Holt ... Kindopp has six points in his first two games as captain ... the Tips improved to 33-15-3-4 all time against Victoria and have won the last two meetings by a combined score of 11-1 ... the Tips went 1-of-5 on the power play.
UP NEXT: The Tips open a four-game road swing starting on Saturday, Sept. 28 against the Kelowna Rockets at 7:05 p.m. (KRKO / WHL Live) and return home on Friday, Oct. 11 for a 7:35 p.m. match-up with the Kamloops Blazers at Angel of the Winds Arena.
2019-20 SCHEDULE, TICKET INFORMATION
The Tips full regular season schedule offers full 34-game season tickets, 22-game, and 14-game plans for as little as $215 total per seat. Deposits for $50 will secure a seatfor the 2019-20 season, available at www.everettsilvertips.com/season or by calling (425) 252-5100during normal business hours. Seven game packs are now on sale.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 22, 2019
- Sawchuk Snipes Twice as Oil Kings Make It Back-To-Back Wins vs. Rebels - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Rebels Struggle Offensively in 4-1 Road Loss to Oil Kings - Red Deer Rebels
- Nolan Foote returned to Rockets - Kelowna Rockets
- Game Day Hub: September 22 - Portland Winterhawks
- Wheat Kings Double up Ice Saturday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Double up Winnipeg ICE 4-2 on Saturday Night - Winnipeg Ice
- Brkin Backstops Warriors to Win over Pats - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Blades Downed 1-0 in 2019 Merlin Ford Lincoln Home Opener - Saskatoon Blades
- Giants Complete Weekend Sweep of the Cougars with a 4-1 Victory - Vancouver Giants
- Hamaliuk beats the buzzer to lift the Rockets to victory - Kelowna Rockets
- Cougars Swept by Vancouver to Open Season - Prince George Cougars
- Wolf Shutout, Plenty of Offense Spell Silvertips Win - Everett Silvertips
- Tigers Split Season Opening Weekend - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Americans Close Opening Weekend with Loss to Portland - Tri-City Americans
- Kiviniemi's Overtime Winner Lifts Broncos over Hitmen - Swift Current Broncos
- Impressive Home Opening Win for the for the Hawks - Portland Winterhawks
- Rebels Drop Season Opener to Oil Kings, But Show Positive Signs - Red Deer Rebels
- Chiefs Head Home with Three Points After OT Loss at Kelowna - Spokane Chiefs
- Ross Douses Blazers for T-Birds Home Opener Win - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Royals Blanked by Silvertips in Season Opener - Victoria Royals
- Bilous, Fonstad Lead Raiders to Win in Saskatoon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Hitmen Can't Hold off Swift Current in OT - Calgary Hitmen
- Oil Kings Open Regular Season with Win over Rebels - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Pats Rally but Fall to Moose Jaw - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett Silvertips Stories
- Michal Gut Named to Czech Republic World Junior Selection Camp
- Dustin Wolf Named to Team USA World Junior Preliminary Camp
- Gage Goncalves Named to Hockey Canada's World Junior Selection Camp
- Olen Zellweger Named to NHL Central Scouting's Players to Watch List for 2021 NHL Draft
- Silvertips Loan Five Players to Start 2020-21 Season