Rockford Assigns Three to Indy
INDIANAPOLIS - The Rockford IceHogs, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League, announced today that the IceHogs have assigned forwards Riley McKay and DJ Busdeker as well as goaltender Tom Aubrun to the Indy Fuel.
Busdeker, 21, comes to Indy after he spent the 2019-20 season playing for the Ontario Hockey League's Saginaw Spirit. The native of Dexter, Michigan skated in 62 games last season registering 22 goals, 35 assists and a plus-46 rating. Through four OHL seasons, the 5-foot-10, 176-pound forward earned 54 goals and 92 assists in 235 games.
McKay, 21, joins the Fuel after he played 62 games for the Western Hockey League's Saskatoon Blades, earning 19 goals and 19 assists. Through four seasons in the Western Hockey League, the 6-foot, 203-pound forward skated in 243 games between the Spokane Chiefs and Saskatoon Blades, totaling 38 goals, 49 assists and 517 penalty minutes.
Aubrun, 25, is assigned to the Fuel after he finished a four-year collegiate career at Norwich University (NCAA III). The native of Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France played in 65 games over four years at Norwich, earning a 3.61 goals-against average and a .911 save percentage. The 6-foot, 174-pound goaltender helped the Cadets to the 2017 NCAA Division III National Championship as well earned back-to-back NEHC Goaltender of the Year honors.
Additionally, the Indy Fuel have announced that they have released forward Cody Payne and goaltender Ryan Ruck.
Single-Game tickets are now available for Fuel seventh season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of full season, 18 ticket and 12 ticket flex packages by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com. Don't miss a second of the action during the 2020-21 season - follow the Fuel on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and 'Like' the Fuel on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 14, 2020
- Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - December 14 - ECHL
- Rockford Assigns Three to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Announce Roster Additions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Sign Veteran Forward Ben Thomson - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Weekly: Home Opening Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Announces Second Window of Games - Wichita Thunder
- Defenseman Blake Hillman Returns To Toledo - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Announce Second Set of Games in 2020-21 - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Games Announced from January 15- February 9 - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Additional 2020-21 Schedule Dates - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Announce Second Window of ECHL Schedule - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Announce Second Phase of 2020-21 Schedule - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Announce 6 More Home Games - Allen Americans
- Rush, ECHL, Announces Next Wave of 2020-21 Season Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Announce Phase-Two Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Everblades Announce Additional Games for 2020-21 Season - Florida Everblades
- Mavericks Announce Second Portion of 2020-21 Regular Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 1 - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.