Americans Announce 6 More Home Games
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, have announced six (6) additional home games for the 2020-21 season.
Following a 14-day road trip covering the first two weeks of 2021, the Americans will return home for a three-game weekend series against the Wichita Thunder on January 15-16-17. Faceoffs for the Friday and Saturday games are set for 7:05 pm, with the Sunday game time to be announced 10-days out.
Allen then heads out on the road for five (5) games including trips to Kansas City (Saturday, Jan 23), Tulsa (Sunday, Jan. 24), and ending with a three-game weekend series at Utah ( Jan. 29-30-31) before returning home on February 3 & 5 (Wednesday/Friday) for a twinbill against the Thunder.
The Americans will return to Wichita on Saturday, February 6 and return home for a single game against the Utah Grizzlies on Tuesday, February 9.
The ECHL will announce the remaining 25 home games for the Americans shortly after the first of the year, as the 2020-21 regular season will play into the month of June.
Game promotions for each of these 2021 home tilts at the Allen Event Center will be released in the weeks to come.
OPENING HOMESTAND: vs Rapid City Rush, December 18-19, 2020
The Allen Americans open the home portion of the regular season next weekend against the Rapid City Rush. Face-offs for both games are set at 7:05 pm with doors to the Allen Event Center opening at 6 pm. Due to State and Local Health Regulations, seating capacity is limited to 2,115. All attendees must wear masks while in the AEC. Ticketing for the event is 100% digital and all transactions for food, beverage and merchandise will be cashless.
PROMOTIONS FOR OPENING WEEKEND
DECEMBER 18 - OPENING NIGHT
All fans in attendance will receive an 8 x 10 color team photo of the 2020-21 Allen Americans upon exit from the Allen Event Center..
DECEMBER 19 - LEGACY NIGHT
The Americans Organization will honor former goalie Riley Gill on Saturday, December 19, as his number 30 is raised to the rafters of the Allen Event Center.
All fans in attendance will receive an 8 x 10 color photo of Riley Gill and the ECHL's Kelly Cup upon exit from the Allen Event Center.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 14, 2020
- Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - December 14 - ECHL
- Rockford Assigns Three to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Announce Roster Additions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Sign Veteran Forward Ben Thomson - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Weekly: Home Opening Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Announces Second Window of Games - Wichita Thunder
- Defenseman Blake Hillman Returns To Toledo - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers Announce Second Set of Games in 2020-21 - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Games Announced from January 15- February 9 - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Additional 2020-21 Schedule Dates - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Announce Second Window of ECHL Schedule - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Announce Second Phase of 2020-21 Schedule - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Announce 6 More Home Games - Allen Americans
- Rush, ECHL, Announces Next Wave of 2020-21 Season Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Announce Phase-Two Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Everblades Announce Additional Games for 2020-21 Season - Florida Everblades
- Mavericks Announce Second Portion of 2020-21 Regular Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 1 - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.