Recycling Bin Initiative (RBI) Presented by Montgomery Count Environmental Services Continues
Dayton, Ohio - The Recycling Bin Initiative (RBI program) will continue for the second half of the season. The Dayton Dragons and Montgomery County Environmental Services have teamed up for this free, fun and educational program for kids and families to learn about household recycling and how recycling benefits the economy and the environment. The RBI Program only requires two weeks of tracking recycling to participate, but families are encouraged to keep up the good work afterwards.
There are some new changes to the program this year. In addition to a new logo and branding, participants will learn how to "recycle right," with a checklist of items that can and cannot be recycled.
"Not everything can be recycled, and some items that can't be recycled may come as a surprise to many participants," said Montgomery County Commissioner Judy Dodge. "It's important that our citizens learn good recycling habits, because having better materials makes the whole recycling system more financially sustainable."
Hundreds of thousands of cans, glass, cardboard, and plastic have been saved from the landfill thanks to the recycling efforts of participants over the past nine years.
All participants will receive up to four lawn tickets to RBI Night at a sold-out Dragons game, an exclusive RBI water bottle and recycling bin, and will be eligible to win other great Dragons prizes and experiences. The first RBI Night has passed, but you can still participate and receive lawn tickets to the August 12 RBI Night.
Visit www.daytondragons.com/rbi to get more information and participate.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Cubs Finish Series Strong and Beat Lugnuts 5-1 in Finale - South Bend Cubs
- LumberKings Take Series Behind 3-Run Sixth - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Eliminated from First Half Playoff Contention - Kane County Cougars
- Road Trip Ends in 5-1 Defeat - Lansing Lugnuts
- Wisconsin Wins Despite Rijo's Return - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Complete Road Sweep of Hot Rods - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bootleggers Swept by Fort Wayne in 8-3 Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- One Bad Inning Beats Chiefs 3-1 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Whitecaps Big Inning Ends Dragons Winning Streak at 10 - Dayton Dragons
- Rattlers Shut Out Cedar Rapids - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Series Finale Cut Short - Great Lakes Loons
- Captains Beat Loons in Rain-Shortened Contest - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Announce Inaugural High School All-Star Showcase - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 13 at Bowling Green (Game 65) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Add July 2 Fireworks, Announce Celebration Festival June 29 - July 4 - Peoria Chiefs
- Recycling Bin Initiative (RBI) Presented by Montgomery Count Environmental Services Continues - Dayton Dragons
- Luis Rijo activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chicago Cubs World Series Trophy Appearance Highlights Fan Fest Pre-Game Activities - South Bend Cubs
- Bees Take Crucial 3-1 Win over Cougars - Burlington Bees
- 2019 All-Star Game & Festivities Get Underway this Weekend - South Bend Cubs
- Harris Homers, 'Caps Beat Bowling Green - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Whitecaps Lose - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Break Tie in 8th, Stretch Winning Streak to 10 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons Special 50/50 Raffle to Benefit COVID-19 Response Fund & African-American Community Fund
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen