2019 All-Star Game & Festivities Get Underway this Weekend
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Andrew Berlin, Owner of the South Bend Cubs, and Joe Hart, President of the South Bend Cubs, are pleased to announce the schedule of events for the three days of festivities surrounding the 2019 Midwest League All-Star Game. This marks the first time in 30 years that South Bend will host the game. The Midwest All-Star Game is presented by Four Winds Casinos and features some of the most promising players in professional baseball today. Many of them will go on to find success in the Major Leagues. All times listed are Eastern.
As a reminder, all events are open to the public. Tickets are available for all events and can be purchased through the Box Office by visiting SouthBendCubs.com or by calling (574) 235-9988.
FRIDAY, JUNE 14
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Stage Build
The biggest stage ever built at Four Winds Field (50' x 100 ') will be installed in the outfield, in anticipation of Sunday's concert featuring global superstar Pitbull.
SUNDAY, JUNE 16
Gates open at 6 p.m., music begins at 7:30 Pitbull Concert
The kickoff to the Midwest League All-Star Festivities begins with a special performance by GRAMMY award winning artist Pitbull with special guests the Ying Yang Twins and Leah Jenea.
MONDAY, JUNE 17
10:30 a.m. Street Renaming
The City of South Bend will temporarily rename Michigan Street to All-Star Drive at the intersection of Michigan Street and Washington Street to celebrate the 2019 Midwest League All-Star Game & Festivities.
5:30 p.m. Gates Open for Fan Fest & Home Run Derby
Fan Fest at Four Winds Field will feature a home run derby with the top hitters in the Midwest League, an autograph session with several former Chicago Cubs players along with the 2019 Midwest League All-Star players. In addition, other family friendly activities include the Splash Pad, Toyota Fun Zone, catch on the field and running of the bases. The Home Run Derby begins at 7:30 p.m.
TUESDAY, JUNE 18
11:30 a.m. All-Star Luncheon
Chicago Cubs Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg will headline an All-Star Luncheon at the Century Center in downtown South Bend, with proceeds benefitting Beacon Children's Hospital.
5:30 p.m. Gates Open; 7:35 p.m. First Pitch, All-Star Game
The main event, the 55th annual Midwest League All-Star Game. The 2019 Midwest League All-Star Game presented by Four Winds Casinos will feature some of the most promising players in professional baseball today. The South Bend Cubs will send five players to the All-Star game, including four pitchers. Shortstop Andy Weber will be a reserve off the bench for Manager Buddy Bailey. Pitchers Brailyn Marquez, Riley Thompson, Cam Sanders, and Jeff Passantino will all be available on the mound for the East. The game will also feature two No. 1 overall prospects. 18-year-old shortstop Wander Franco is the top prospect for the Tampa Bay Rays and has taken baseball by storm since debuting as a 17-year-old. Franco is hitting over .320 with the Bowling Green Hot Rods this season and will start at shortstop for the East. Peoria's Nolan Gorman will start at third base for the Western Division and is ranked as the top prospect in the St. Louis Cardinals system. This game is expected to sell out.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Cubs Finish Series Strong and Beat Lugnuts 5-1 in Finale - South Bend Cubs
- LumberKings Take Series Behind 3-Run Sixth - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Eliminated from First Half Playoff Contention - Kane County Cougars
- Road Trip Ends in 5-1 Defeat - Lansing Lugnuts
- Wisconsin Wins Despite Rijo's Return - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Complete Road Sweep of Hot Rods - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bootleggers Swept by Fort Wayne in 8-3 Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- One Bad Inning Beats Chiefs 3-1 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Whitecaps Big Inning Ends Dragons Winning Streak at 10 - Dayton Dragons
- Rattlers Shut Out Cedar Rapids - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Series Finale Cut Short - Great Lakes Loons
- Captains Beat Loons in Rain-Shortened Contest - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Announce Inaugural High School All-Star Showcase - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 13 at Bowling Green (Game 65) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Add July 2 Fireworks, Announce Celebration Festival June 29 - July 4 - Peoria Chiefs
- Recycling Bin Initiative (RBI) Presented by Montgomery Count Environmental Services Continues - Dayton Dragons
- Luis Rijo activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chicago Cubs World Series Trophy Appearance Highlights Fan Fest Pre-Game Activities - South Bend Cubs
- Bees Take Crucial 3-1 Win over Cougars - Burlington Bees
- 2019 All-Star Game & Festivities Get Underway this Weekend - South Bend Cubs
- Harris Homers, 'Caps Beat Bowling Green - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Whitecaps Lose - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Break Tie in 8th, Stretch Winning Streak to 10 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.