Rattlers Shut Out Cedar Rapids
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers ended a five-game losing streak with a 2-0 shutout of the Cedar Rapids Kernels at Perfect Game Field on Thursday Night. Freisis Adames, Reese Olson, and Anthony Bender combined on the four-hit shutout
Wisconsin (30-36) broke the scoreless tie with two runs in the top of the sixth inning. Korry Howell started the inning with a double and Brice Turang drew a walk with one out. David Fry lined a single to center to score Howell and send Turang to third base for a 1-0 lead. Jesús Lujano followed with an RBI grounder to get Turang home and the Rattlers were up 2-0.
Adames kept the Kernels in check for six innings. The right-hander allowed three hits, walked one, and struck out seven over six scoreless innings. That put him in line for his first Midwest League win.
Olson relieved Adames to start the bottom of the seventh inning and he tossed two scoreless innings to maintain the lead. He worked a perfect seventh and pitched around a one-out double in the bottom of the eighth.
In the ninth, Anthony Bender closed out the Kernels with a 1-2-3 frame for his third save of the season.
The Timber Rattlers will begin their final series of the first half when they face the Quad Cities River Bandits at Modern Woodmen Park on Friday night. Adam Hill (5-4, 4.37) is the scheduled starting pitcher for Wisconsin. The River Bandits, who clinched the first half Western Division Championship earlier this week, have scheduled Brett Daniels (4-3, 2.62) as their starter. Game time is 6:35pm The radio broadcast is on AM1280, WNAM and the TuneIn Radio app starting with the Papa John's Pizza Pregame Show at 6:15pm. MiLB.tv subscribers can watch the game over the internet.
R H E
WIS 000 002 000 - 2 4 1
CR 000 000 000 - 0 4 0
WP: Freisis Adames (1-0)
LP: Alex Schick (1-1)
SAVE: Anthony Bender (3)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Cubs Finish Series Strong and Beat Lugnuts 5-1 in Finale - South Bend Cubs
- LumberKings Take Series Behind 3-Run Sixth - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Eliminated from First Half Playoff Contention - Kane County Cougars
- Road Trip Ends in 5-1 Defeat - Lansing Lugnuts
- Wisconsin Wins Despite Rijo's Return - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Complete Road Sweep of Hot Rods - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bootleggers Swept by Fort Wayne in 8-3 Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- One Bad Inning Beats Chiefs 3-1 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Whitecaps Big Inning Ends Dragons Winning Streak at 10 - Dayton Dragons
- Rattlers Shut Out Cedar Rapids - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Series Finale Cut Short - Great Lakes Loons
- Captains Beat Loons in Rain-Shortened Contest - Lake County Captains
- Hot Rods Announce Inaugural High School All-Star Showcase - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 13 at Bowling Green (Game 65) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Add July 2 Fireworks, Announce Celebration Festival June 29 - July 4 - Peoria Chiefs
- Recycling Bin Initiative (RBI) Presented by Montgomery Count Environmental Services Continues - Dayton Dragons
- Luis Rijo activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chicago Cubs World Series Trophy Appearance Highlights Fan Fest Pre-Game Activities - South Bend Cubs
- Bees Take Crucial 3-1 Win over Cougars - Burlington Bees
- 2019 All-Star Game & Festivities Get Underway this Weekend - South Bend Cubs
- Harris Homers, 'Caps Beat Bowling Green - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Whitecaps Lose - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Break Tie in 8th, Stretch Winning Streak to 10 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Stories
- Promotions Announced for Front Offices of Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- River Bandits Beat Rattlers in Season Finale
- Early Lead Is Enough For Rattlers Win at Quad Cities
- Wisconsin Edges Quad Cities 4-3
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County