Rampage Weekly Update
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Wednesday Oct. 20 vs. Lake Erie Monsters
AT&T Center, 7 p.m.
After an exciting shootout victory against the Monsters in their last game, the Rampage will host a rematch with Lake Erie on Wednesday evening. Alex Picard and Matt Beaudoin scored the two regulation goals, while Tim Stapleton and Mikkel Boedker sparked the win with the shootout goals.
Friday, Oct. 22 @ Oklahoma City
Cox Convention Center, 7:05 p.m.
The Rampage will compete against the Barons for the first time in fran- chise history. Both teams hold a 2-2-1 record for five points. Brad Moran is currently leading Oklahoma City with six points on three goals and three assists in five contests.
Saturday, Oct. 23 vs. Houston Aeros
AT&T Center, 7:00 p.m.
San Antonio faces one of their intrastate rivals, the Houston Aeros, for the first time in the 2010-11 season, as they not only compete for division rankings, but also points in the Lone Star Face-off. The Stars hold the lead among the Texas teams with four points.
Sunday, Oct. 24 vs. Peoria Rivermen
AT&T Center, 3:00 p.m.
The Rampage will take on the Rivermen for the second time this season as they seek revenge after their 6-2 loss to them last week.
ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT WEEKDAYS: This Wednes- day fans can get the All-You-Can-Eat package for only $20 and includes a game ticket and bottom- less popcorn, soda, nachos, peanuts and hot dogs.
SPURS NIGHT: Prior to the game this Saturday, Spurs guards George Hill and Garrett Temple along with Spurs VP of Basketball Operations Danny Ferry will host a Q&A session starting at 6:15 p.m. The Rampage will wear Spurs themed jerseys to be auctioned off after the game, pro- ceeds benefiting the Spurs Foundation.
SUNDAY FUNDAY: This Sunday fans can enjoy a free pregame skate 2 hours prior to faceoff. Fans can also purchase a $10 ticket that includes a free hot dog, chips and soda.
TOP OF THE CLASS: Matt Beaudoin and Brett MacLean have both worked their way to the top of the AHL scoring class. Beaudoin sits third in the league for goals scoring five, while Brett MacLean has had 28 shot attempts which place him in second behind Jerome Samson's 31.
SEASONED VET: Rampage defenseman Garrett Stafford played in his 500th AHL game on Oct. 15, 2010.
POWERFUL PLAY: Brett MacLean surpassed former Rampage center Joel Perrault for franchise lead in power-play goals on Friday when he tallied his 23rd career power-play goal in a Rampage jersey.
ICE CHIPS: Alex Picard- LW
Left winger Alex Picard was not available for the Rampage's opening two games, however, he has made a huge impact after joining the team during their three-in-three series this weekend. He has become an offen- sive threat scoring two power-play goals during San Antonio's 5-4 over- time loss, and added another score in the Rampage's exciting 3-2 shoot- out victory over Lake Erie.
Last season, Picard was the Rampage's third-highest point leader with 50 points on 26 goals and 24 assists in 58 contests.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2010
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Try To Gain Ground In The North Division With Four Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks, Mark's Pizzeria Announce Family Value Nights - Rochester Americans
- New Jersey Swaps Defensemen with Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Weekly Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Announce 2010-11 Promotional Schedule - Albany Devils
- Dynamic Duo - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Takes Two of Three in Week Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Peoria's Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Launch School Supply Drive - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Assign Sebastien Bisaillon and David Urquhart to Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Get Set for Home Opener on Saturday Against Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Drop a Pair to Chicago Last Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Drop Two in Week 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Return Home After Bagging Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Host Spurs Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Nick Spaling Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.